What Are You Currently Reading?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
19-01-2016, 05:15 PM
RE: What Are You Currently Reading?
(19-01-2016 05:07 AM)OhDannyBoy Wrote:  Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer.

DJ

I read that about 10 years ago. It's really eye opening.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2016, 03:45 PM
Empty Without You: The Intimate Letters Of Eleanor Roosevelt And Lorena Hickok by Rodger Streitmatter

The introduction is very long, but interesting! I've just started, though, so I can't say I've much of an opinion just yet on it.
Find all posts by this user
20-01-2016, 05:54 PM
If you haven't read The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo series yet - do it now! If you have, check out the newest one. The Girl in the Spider's Web. It was very good Yes

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
20-01-2016, 06:52 PM
(20-01-2016 05:54 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  If you haven't read The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo series yet - do it now! If you have, check out the newest one. The Girl in the Spider's Web. It was very good Yes

That's on my list! I'm looking forward to those.
[+] 1 user Likes caadam's post
22-01-2016, 08:13 AM
Eichmann in Jerusalem: A Report on the Banality of Evil by Hannah Arendt.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
22-01-2016, 08:33 AM
Currently flipping between Dawkins The God Delusion and The Book of Mormon
22-01-2016, 08:47 AM
(22-01-2016 08:33 AM)Blessed_Cheesemaker Wrote:  Currently flipping between Dawkins The God Delusion and The Book of Mormon

Gasp
I would think those two together would result in mutual annihilation

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
26-01-2016, 06:43 AM
History's Locomotives: Revolutions and the Making of the Modern World by Martin Malia.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
26-01-2016, 08:18 AM
Paul Johnson, A History of the Jews. Johnson is a Roman Catholic writing about Jews (he wrote an earlier History of Christianity), but also a well-respected historian, so this promises to be interesting. Already some eye-opening stuff in the first chapter.
30-01-2016, 02:21 PM
A bunch of stuff by Isaiah Berlin. Interesting thinker, the first essay by him I read was called The Counter-Enlightenment, which was about anti-rationalists who opposed The Enlightenment. Definitely worth looking into.