What Are You Currently Reading?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
30-01-2016, 02:27 PM
RE: What Are You Currently Reading?
Empire of Debt by Bill Bonner.

A bit of world history, fallen empires and financial manipulations told with wit and clarity.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2016, 03:49 PM
Dark Money, Jane Mayer.

And Bill Bryson's new travel book.
30-01-2016, 07:59 PM
The Massey Murder: A Maid, Her Master And The Trial That Shocked a Nation, Charlotte Gray - award-winning Canadian biographer and historian.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-01-2016, 01:35 AM
The Captive Mind by Czesław Miłosz - interesting if one want to see how implementation of marxism-leninism in Poland crushed spirit of intellectuals.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
31-01-2016, 10:04 AM
Hell in the Pacific. A great read in conjunction with "With The Old Breed." Both are great.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
01-02-2016, 04:30 PM
Everyday Life Without God: A Sociology of Atheism and Unbelief by Radosław Tyrała.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
05-02-2016, 10:03 AM
I just reread The Days Of Perky Pat by Philip K. Dick, a short, great satire of religion if there ever was one.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
05-02-2016, 11:00 AM
Richard Taylor, Metaphysics. I expected this to be somewhat dry, but it's really not -- I'm finding it fascinating. Taylor is more readable than most philosophers.
06-02-2016, 07:05 AM
The End of the Holocaust by Alvin Rosenfeld.

Very good book for those who want to see how Shoah has cheapened. Unthinkable tragedy of Holocaust became nothing more than banal misdeed or everyday ill as illustrated by existence of people who dare to make comparisons between being lady of the household and being in concentration camps; one apparently is as dehumanizing as the other.

Mikhail Bakunin.
06-02-2016, 05:56 PM
(06-02-2016 07:05 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  The End of the Holocaust by Alvin Rosenfeld.

Very good book for those who want to see how Shoah has cheapened. Unthinkable tragedy of Holocaust became nothing more than banal misdeed or everyday ill as illustrated by existence of people who dare to make comparisons between being lady of the household and being in concentration camps; one apparently is as dehumanizing as the other.

I just read the above.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post