What Are You Currently Reading?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
08-04-2016, 07:06 AM
RE: What Are You Currently Reading?
(08-04-2016 07:00 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 06:38 AM)Banjo Wrote:  It should be an easier read than old Chris. Smile

Thanks.

Pipes Russian Revolution also wasn't easy but I like challenge Wink

Yeah I am starting to think all my "heavy" reading is behind me.

I mainly read what's on the net these days. I always read Ken Levine's blog but even that is too much. Levine's blog.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2016, 07:12 AM
(08-04-2016 07:06 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 07:00 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Pipes Russian Revolution also wasn't easy but I like challenge Wink

Yeah I am starting to think all my "heavy" reading is behind me.

I mainly read what's on the net these days. I always read Ken Levine's blog but even that is too much. Levine's blog.

It sucks but "light" literature is noting to sneeze at.

Hope you will be able to enjoy something "heavier" though.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
21-04-2016, 05:47 AM
Recently finished Biocentrism by Robert Lanza.

Currently working through:
1. The God Delusion : Richard Dawkins
2. The Greatest Show On Earth : Richard Dawkins

Then, for the fun of it I'm also reading James May's Car Fever and Jeremy Clarkson's
The world according to...

Spoon feeding in the long run, teaches nothing but the shape of the spoon! E.M. Forster
[+] 1 user Likes stcomza's post
21-04-2016, 05:53 AM
Mussolini: En studie i makt by Göran Hägg .

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
21-04-2016, 06:01 AM
(08-04-2016 06:14 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Cheers mate. I did just order a book on JG54. A Luftwaffe fighter wing. Second highest victory record in history. Only JG 52 scored more kills.

I already have books on JG54. I like the greenheart emblem. Often thought of putting it on the bass drum front head. Smile

[Image: 51XsQxP%2BLNL._SX360_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

This. It arrived last week.

[Image: tumblr_mn7tzfJlnk1r3eyedo1_1280.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
21-04-2016, 06:37 AM
(21-04-2016 06:01 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 06:14 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Cheers mate. I did just order a book on JG54. A Luftwaffe fighter wing. Second highest victory record in history. Only JG 52 scored more kills.

I already have books on JG54. I like the greenheart emblem. Often thought of putting it on the bass drum front head. Smile

[Image: 51XsQxP%2BLNL._SX360_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

This. It arrived last week.

Hope it will be interesting.

Mikhail Bakunin.
21-04-2016, 06:57 AM
(21-04-2016 06:37 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(21-04-2016 06:01 AM)Banjo Wrote:  This. It arrived last week.

Hope it will be interesting.

Mate it is easy. I've known of the Geschwader since I was a kid. They have over 10.000 kills.

Fun fact. The German Luftwaffe had the most robust confirmation drill of any airforce in WWII.

You see these Americans and RAF pilots with 5 1/2 kills. It's a joke. The Germans required 4 witness testimonies or actual evidence of a kill. American bomber crews would claim more kills on a single mission than the Luftwaffe had on strength. Classic. Ten gunners fire, a plane goes down, 10 kills. Big Grin

JG 52 had over 12.000. Astounding really. The Japanese had similar attitudes.

I am more skeptical of allied kills than Axis. Strange but true.

Johnny Johnson, great WWII ace, claimed Marseille's 17 kills in a day was not confirmed in his book, Wing leader. He did not factor in South African and Australian losses. Only RAF losses. The 17 was later confirmed. Marseille was perhaps the greatest fighter pilot of all. He expended virtually no ammo to bring down an aircraft.

Hartmann told his Russian captors Marseille was the best.

Nishisawa, a Japanese pilot had over 200 kills. According to Saburo Sakai. Sakai had 68.

This shit should be in the aerial warfare thread. Shy

Banjo.
21-04-2016, 07:01 AM
(21-04-2016 06:57 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(21-04-2016 06:37 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Hope it will be interesting.

Mate it is easy. I've known of the Geschwader since I was a kid. They have over 10.000 kills.

Fun fact. The German Luftwaffe had the most robust confirmation drill of any airforce in WWII.

You see these Americans and RAF pilots with 5 1/2 kills. It's a joke. The Germans required 4 witness testimonies or actual evidence of a kill. American bomber crews would claim more kills on a single mission than the Luftwaffe had on strength. Classic. Ten gunners fire, a plane goes down, 10 kills. Big Grin

Johnny Johnson, great WWII ace, claimed Marseille's 17 kills in a day was not confirmed in his book, Wing leader. He did not factor in South African and Australian losses. Only RAF losses. The 17 was later confirmed. Marseille was perhaps the greatest fighter pilot of all. He expended virtually no ammo to bring down an aircraft.

Nishisawa, a Japanese pilot had over 200 kills. According to Saburo Sakai. Sakai had 68.

I know next to nothing* about air forces of Allies and Axis so I can't comment on this.

*Only things that are in books about WW II battles. I didn't read anything specifically on air forces.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
21-04-2016, 07:06 AM
(21-04-2016 07:01 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(21-04-2016 06:57 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Mate it is easy. I've known of the Geschwader since I was a kid. They have over 10.000 kills.

I know next to nothing* about air forces of Allies and Axis so I can't comment on this.

*Only things that are in books about WW II battles. I didn't read anything specifically on air forces.

I grew up with pilots. My first job, aged 8, was on an airfield working for a crop dusting pilot. I was in fact flying aircraft before the age of 10.

So I am right into it. Aerial warfare, Rome, Greece, Christianity, these are what I know best. Oh and martial arts and drumming and percussion. Smile

Banjo.
21-04-2016, 07:10 AM
(21-04-2016 07:06 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I grew up with pilots. My first job, aged 8, was on an airfield working for a crop dusting pilot. I was in fact flying aircraft before the age of 10.

Sounds cool.

My first job or maybe "job" was tending to the garden and work in the field.

(21-04-2016 07:06 AM)Banjo Wrote:  So I am right into it. Aerial warfare, Rome, Greece, Christianity, these are what I know best. Oh and martial arts and drumming and percussion. Smile

My interests are more morbid I think - Shoah, Russian Revolution, dictators. But there is also sociology and politcis Smile

Mikhail Bakunin.