What Are You Currently Reading?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
26-04-2011, 02:01 PM

RE: What Are You Currently Reading?
JUST.
FINISHED.
GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH <3333

Took me a while 'cause I would take long breaks between reading sessions, due to being busy and all, so I'd end up having to reread. And i admit having to reread many times just because I didn't quite understand something. But yea, the greatest show on earth was an amazing book and it provided me with lots of ammo for debating evolution.

Now to read the selfish gene.
Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Recently I have discovered the advantages of ebooks on my iphone! I have finished reading Mark Chisnell "The Defector" and Sheri Leigh "Graveyard Games." I am now starting on Andy Crowson "The Value of Life."

Quote:"Religion poisons everything." - Christopher Hitchens
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Got some PDFs of George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series, looks promising and I've been keeping up with the show so it should be fun Smile I'm getting the audio books too though so I don't know if that really counts as reading Tongue

07-05-2011, 09:53 AM
The Dark side of Christian History by Ellen Ellerbe
08-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Currently reading three books. The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks, Unseen Academicals by Terry Pratchett and The Legacy of Tirlannon I: The Freedom Fighter by Patrick Reid. Reid's is taking the longest because it's high fantasy and a bit dry for my tastes.

For God so loved the world that he arranged for everyone to both have free will and to suffer the terrible consequences of making the wrong choice. Kind of a dick move, God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-05-2011, 10:52 AM
I've just bought God is not Great, but i'm still reading The Meme Machine, so It'll have to wait some days.

..."we can be truly free - not because we can rebel against the the tyranny of the selfish replicators but because we know that there is no one to rebel."
Susan Blackmore : The Meme Machine
23-05-2011, 05:28 PM

I'm currently reading Why does E=Mc2? (and why should we care?) by: Brian Cox & Jeff Forshaw[/size]
17-06-2011, 07:55 AM

I recently read a GREAT e-read called Alchemy by Mike Wood (Amazon $0.99). I am now finishing up Bossypants by Tina Fey also a really great book.
17-06-2011, 12:16 PM
I finished the greatest show on earth not too long ago as well, and have already lent my copy on to someone else. Currently I'm reading "The Forest People" by Colin M. Turnbull, which is a great look at pygmy life. Expect some different terms it's an old book. I think cultural anthropologists have great stories about the groups they interact with, and his book is very non technical so that you can feel a sense for the individual pygmies.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
19-06-2011, 03:09 PM
About half way through Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin, I started reading the books so I could look for discrepancies between the show and the source material Tongue