What Are You Currently Reading?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
09-07-2016, 09:38 PM
RE: What Are You Currently Reading?
Just started The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
10-07-2016, 12:12 AM
Some light reading for a change: Portrait of a Hanged Man by Marcin Wroński. It's another part of cycle of crime stories whose action is placed in times of The Second Polish Republic. Apart from stories itself it show quite nicely how life back then looked like and give (small) insight in Jewish culture.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
12-07-2016, 08:06 AM
Moral Panic: Homosexuality in Media Discourse by Iwona Zielińska.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
12-07-2016, 08:16 AM
The Joy of Work -- by Dilbert creator Scott Adams.....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
13-07-2016, 01:21 AM
This thread.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
13-07-2016, 09:02 PM
Being a huge 40k fan i,m rereading the black libraries Night lords anthology (which is why i bulilt a night lords army see "i painted my new army")

I love this book because it's neat to see a chaos faction depicted as something other then canon fodder and painted in a complex(even sympathetic light). Don't get me wrong Talos the stories(hero?)and the war band he fights along side are scum at the end of the day . But the humanity he and the other display(both good and ill) keeps you turning the page. And the fact we get two none space marine characters in main role is interesting and shows what it's like for mortals under the rule of the mighty night clad angels .(for better and worst) Throw in some awesome epic battles well known characters within the wider lore and lots and lots of bone chilling scenes of ultra violence showing just how scary the sons of Cruze can be. And it's one hell of a ride

Cheers

[Image: giphy.gif]
14-07-2016, 12:40 AM
(13-07-2016 09:02 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  Being a huge 40k fan i,m rereading the black libraries Night lords anthology (which is why i bulilt a night lords army see "i painted my new army")

I love this book because it's neat to see a chaos faction depicted as something other then canon fodder and painted in a complex(even sympathetic light). Don't get me wrong Talos the stories(hero?)and the war band he fights along side are scum at the end of the day . But the humanity he and the other display(both good and ill) keeps you turning the page. And the fact we get two none space marine characters in main role is interesting and shows what it's like for mortals under the rule of the mighty night clad angels .(for better and worst) Throw in some awesome epic battles well known characters within the wider lore and lots and lots of bone chilling scenes of ultra violence showing just how scary the sons of Cruze can be. And it's one hell of a ride

Cheers

Night Lords trilogy wasn't bad but I would prefer something in the same vein written by ADB about Blood Angels as whatever Swallow wrote doesn't count as proper book and it is only ruining the legion in my view.

Also what you're thinking about Heresy series?

Mikhail Bakunin.
14-07-2016, 01:54 PM
(14-07-2016 12:40 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(13-07-2016 09:02 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  Being a huge 40k fan i,m rereading the black libraries Night lords anthology (which is why i bulilt a night lords army see "i painted my new army")

Cheers

Night Lords trilogy wasn't bad but I would prefer something in the same vein written by ADB about Blood Angels as whatever Swallow wrote doesn't count as proper book and it is only ruining the legion in my view.

Also what you're thinking about Heresy series?

To each his own i kinda of like swallows work my favorite being his opening for FEAR TO TREAD Sanguinius is a CQC monster Evil_monster

As for the heresy books as a whole it's awesome actually getting to see the event play out we have heard about the Primarchs and the Crusade and the Heresy and how they pretty much shape the tales of the modern 40k universe. But only as ancient history or mythology and only bits and pieces for all these years i can't wait to see what else they do with 30k era .

[Image: giphy.gif]
14-07-2016, 02:59 PM
(14-07-2016 01:54 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  To each his own i kinda of like swallows work my favorite being his opening for FEAR TO TREAD Sanguinius is a CQC monster Evil_monster

I feel that his portrayal of primarch and his legion is bland and his prose is weak. For me he is simply below Wraight or Bowden.

Quote: As for the heresy books as a whole it's awesome actually getting to see the event play out we have heard about the Primarchs and the Crusade and the Heresy and how they pretty much shape the tales of the modern 40k universe. But only as ancient history or mythology and only bits and pieces for all these years i can't wait to see what else they do with 30k era .

I would like less filler books and quicker conclusion to the series. Something depicting Emperor as competent also would be good.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
14-07-2016, 03:03 PM
I've got a nice mix of smut and mysteries for my vacation.

If I get through all that I'll try to finish the God Delusion or God is not Great.

Yeah I've never finished reading either.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces