[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes OrdoSkeptica's post
24-07-2016, 01:31 PM
RE: What Are You Currently Reading?
(23-07-2016 09:36 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  Your Welcome Heart

Thanks again!! Might as well throw a review in too, after listening to it:

The Sigillite 5/5. Malcador, Regent of Terra, last of his kind, and seemingly immortal psyker capable of tanking a backhanded blow from a primarch that throws him 20 meters on Monarchia, is a figure of 40k lore shrouded in mystery. What is rumored to be held in his vaults, even more so...this is the story of what is in the vaults and of a man who believed himself a failure, but recovered something priceless. I LOVE 40k lore, it's one of my favorite series as far as fluff goes, and this audio drama...it just did it for me as an avid fan. Smile

This audio novel took me back to the first novel of the Horus Heresy series. When I finished Galaxy in Flames, I actually teared up. 40k as a setting is so over the top; the xenophobic fascist religious fanatics who literally burn heretics and make blood sacrifices of the faithful to coat their bullets in sanctifying blood are the GOOD guys. 30k, the time of the Heresy...is an age of expansion and science. It's a period of learning and recording of histories for later generations, histories that will be expunged or turned into myth. That's why I cried at Galaxy in Flames, it showed how far the Imperium had fallen from the dream of the Emperor.

In this audio novel, I cried again. Malcador's treasure vaults are a museum of treasures that reflect great moments in human history. The dreaded Inquisition of 40k, originally starts out as a mix of his Knights Errant, assassins, and now we find out...seekers of knowledge who are trying to preserve the past, so that enlightenment won't be a casualty of the Heresy. We know how 40k ends up, we know that this noble cause is a failure. We know that Malcador will die when he sits upon the Golden Throne so that the Emperor can end the Heresy in its last days. We know that reason will fall, that knowledge will be lost, and that in the end, all that truly matters is the cruel laughter of thirsting bloody gods.

The Sigillite shows us the dreams of a better humanity after the war, the hope of Malcador at the end of his nigh immortal life. Ten thousand years later, 40k shows us something else, it's not the story of how humanity heroically holds back the tide of extinction, it's the story of how humanity dies.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
24-07-2016, 04:30 PM
(24-07-2016 01:31 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(23-07-2016 09:36 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  Your Welcome Heart

Thanks again!! Might as well throw a review in too, after listening to it:

The Sigillite 5/5. Malcador, Regent of Terra, last of his kind, and seemingly immortal psyker capable of tanking a backhanded blow from a primarch that throws him 20 meters on Monarchia, is a figure of 40k lore shrouded in mystery. What is rumored to be held in his vaults, even more so...this is the story of what is in the vaults and of a man who believed himself a failure, but recovered something priceless. I LOVE 40k lore, it's one of my favorite series as far as fluff goes, and this audio drama...it just did it for me as an avid fan. Smile

This audio novel took me back to the first novel of the Horus Heresy series. When I finished Galaxy in Flames, I actually teared up. 40k as a setting is so over the top; the xenophobic fascist religious fanatics who literally burn heretics and make blood sacrifices of the faithful to coat their bullets in sanctifying blood are the GOOD guys. 30k, the time of the Heresy...is an age of expansion and science. It's a period of learning and recording of histories for later generations, histories that will be expunged or turned into myth. That's why I cried at Galaxy in Flames, it showed how far the Imperium had fallen from the dream of the Emperor.

In this audio novel, I cried again. Malcador's treasure vaults are a museum of treasures that reflect great moments in human history. The dreaded Inquisition of 40k, originally starts out as a mix of his Knights Errant, assassins, and now we find out...seekers of knowledge who are trying to preserve the past, so that enlightenment won't be a casualty of the Heresy. We know how 40k ends up, we know that this noble cause is a failure. We know that Malcador will die when he sits upon the Golden Throne so that the Emperor can end the Heresy in its last days. We know that reason will fall, that knowledge will be lost, and that in the end, all that truly matters is the cruel laughter of thirsting bloody gods.

The Sigillite shows us the dreams of a better humanity after the war, the hope of Malcador at the end of his nigh immortal life. Ten thousand years later, 40k shows us something else, it's not the story of how humanity heroically holds back the tide of extinction, it's the story of how humanity dies.

Good Review Heart

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes OrdoSkeptica's post
26-07-2016, 06:19 AM
Cities of Death. Anti-Jewish Pogroms by their Neighbors by Mirosław Tryczyk.

[Image: getimage.php?c=OBRAZY&x=800&...z_6458.jpg]

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
06-08-2016, 04:42 AM
Religiosity and morality in the Polish society - dependency or autonomy? Sociological Study by Rafał Boguszewski.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
07-08-2016, 03:14 PM
Hanuman's Tale: The Messages of a Divine Monkey (2007)

This is a book length exploration of the historical origins and cultural significance of the noted Hindu monkey god.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-08-2016, 12:52 AM
Thought Reform and the Psychology of Totalism and The Soviet Experiment.
[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
15-08-2016, 12:45 PM
Red Sorghum Clan by Mo Yan.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

Mikhail Bakunin.
18-08-2016, 02:15 AM
Now I am reading:

Algorithms to Live By: The Computer science of Human Decisions
19-08-2016, 01:43 AM
Yet another sci-fi (sort-of in this case) novel that slags politics. In this case American politics. Oh, and corrupt security agencies and captains of industry as well.

Title: "The Focus Factor" by Darrel Bain.

A scientist purifies a mind enhancing protein from tbe blood of focussed people suffering from Asperger's and uses it to create a "Second American [political] Revolution" during the presidential re-elections by standing for that office.

Fighting corrupt politics and commercial organisations is a common theme amongst American sc-fi authors, wonder why?

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.