What Are You Currently Reading?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
24-06-2011, 04:07 AM
RE: What Are You Currently Reading?
Just started with this one:

[Image: 80449.jpg]

He's doesn't write the easiest books (he made philosophy quite hard for me when in college), but he's got some nice ideas.

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2011, 01:40 PM

The Laws of Emotions, by Nico Fridja.
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Currently reading Carl Sagan's The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark. I must say, it is an excellent read. I highly recommend it to everybody!

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker." - Dr. Van Helsing, Dracula
27-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Labyrinths: selected stories & other writings By Jorge Luis Borges

#sigh
28-08-2011, 11:13 AM
[Image: good-omens.jpg][Image: spag_monster.jpg]

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-09-2011, 12:36 AM
Currently, I am reading Language, Truth, and Logic by Alfred Jules Ayer. It truly is an inspiring book because it illustrates the power of logical thinking in an eloquent manner.
18-09-2011, 07:05 PM
So I am now reading the collected works of Dashiell Hammett unabridged. Most people have no idea who the guy is, and those who do, usually have good taste Smile

He only ever completed five books, but the three I have read previously were fantastic so I have high hopes for the other two inside this volume. Still I am going to go from one end to the other because it`s been a long time since I read those other three.

The stories contained within are:

RED HARVEST
THE DAIN CURSE
THE MALTESE FALCON
THE GLASS KEY
THE THIN MAN

I boldened the three I`ve already had my pleasure with.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
18-09-2011, 08:34 PM
I just finished the first novel in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series! I got the Ultimate Edition (I got the second book on CD for a car trip and decided not to spoil myself any more once I determined I liked the style of it, and suspected it might be atheistic and was afraid that the more my mom heard the less likely she was to allow it in the house, yet another reason to stop the CD) so I'll be reading the rest of them in due time!
I didn't purposely get it expecting an atheistic sci-fi, but I'm glad it was atheistic all the same! Some damn classic and funny quotes in the Guide!

Also, I just really like sci-fi, though I've only started reading more recently, blame schools assigned such terrible books then acting like all books were like that. Now I know that there is awesome! It is a great feeling.

"Ford! There's an infinite number of monkeys outside who want to talk to us about this script for Hamlet they've worked out."
~Arthur Dent, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
[+] 1 user Likes otaku_cj's post
18-09-2011, 10:23 PM
Oh you lucky devil if only I could go back to my first reading of the guide. One of the greatest series of books to ever be put out.
Though the fifth book seemed less than stellar it was still a good book. Now I want to go back and read them again.

19-09-2011, 12:03 AM
[Image: RANDOMHOUSEAUDIOForeverOdd500.jpg]

The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one
[+] 1 user Likes Michael's post