What Are You Currently Reading?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
01-02-2017, 07:15 AM
RE: What Are You Currently Reading?
Finished both above mentioned books. First is good description of ideas and events from which nazism borrowed it constituting elements, it also shows that these ideas were far from being shunned in the West. Second is brilliant critique of falsifying history by equaling communist utopia with countries of Soviet bloc. It does even better in showing how Poland right wing use anti-communism as something to legitimize it's moral crusade and how empty is said legitimization - How could one do something in name of anti-communism when there were no communism in Poland in the first place. Author doesn't beat only the poor right genetic patriots though - left get it's fair share of scorn for bowing to idol of market and fucking over workers.

Sadly neither books is available in English which I find strange in regard to second one - many of Walicki works are in English. Or maybe I just didn't look enough?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2017, 02:49 PM
Picked this up for free a couple days ago (I think it's back up to 99 cents now). It's about a 20 page prequel to The Purge of District 89: A Grower's War, Book 1. D.J. Molles wrote one of my favorite zombie(ish) series (diseased humans as opposed to actual undead zombies) so, even though this is not a zombie book, I'm still looking forward to it coming out in about a week. In the meantime, I'll skim through this prequel tonight.

[Image: 51eJ9dp7l4L.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
03-02-2017, 02:11 PM
SPQR: A History of Ancient Rome by Mary Beard.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
03-02-2017, 03:46 PM
[Image: 410MM77FDRL.jpg]
04-02-2017, 09:40 PM
Reading In Search of Time: Journeys Along a Curious Dimension by Dan Falk.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-02-2017, 06:49 PM
I don't feel like actually reading the whole thing again, but I've been working my way through the Dark Tower audiobook while at work in preparation for the movie.

They better have Oy in it.

'Murican Canadian
05-02-2017, 10:02 PM
Some ARCS a cozy mystery, a sifi and a romance.
06-02-2017, 11:24 AM
John Milton, Paradise Lost. Slow going, but great stuff. Milton could write like no-one else.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
09-02-2017, 09:29 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2017 04:56 AM by Szuchow.)
Masters of Death by Richard Rhodes.

ETA: Look like another pop history book.

Mikhail Bakunin.
09-02-2017, 02:36 PM
Thanks to my older brother, I got into reading in the Fall of 2015. Better 55 years late than never, and about 60 books so far.

My two favorites, one day reads which I could not put down, were Ronald Balson's Once We Were Brothers and Karolina's Twins.