What Are You Currently Reading?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
08-12-2011, 06:10 PM
RE: What Are You Currently Reading?
(08-12-2011 04:40 PM)Organon Wrote:  About the Holy Bible by Robert G. Ingersoll

A wonderfully written in-depth critique of the Holey Babble.

Available free as an e-book form Gutenberg.org :

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/37703

I'd never seen/opened a bible until 2 years ago, when I decided to do some research and I have to say I was pretty disgusted to think that there are are 25% of the people on the planet(Christians) who are potential followers of the bible nonsense!. Hope you are enjoying your read! You might want to see my post about Robert Ingersoll. He makes some good observations that can be used against bible lovers.

Thanks for sharing. I've downloaded it and will begin tonight.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2011, 11:23 AM
actually... the bible o.O at least from time to time.
apart from that I just started to read the stuff about identity that GirlyMan linked.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
21-12-2011, 02:42 AM
Five months later I'm finally finishing up The God Delusion and am also deep into Sam Harris' The End of Faith, which I actually started before God Delusion.

Oh, and the 5th book in the Dexter series, which the title escapes me at the moment.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
21-12-2011, 06:01 AM
(21-12-2011 02:42 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Oh, and the 5th book in the Dexter series, which the title escapes me at the moment.

Ah yes, I just started the first one Big Grin

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
21-12-2011, 11:45 AM
(21-12-2011 06:01 AM)Malleus Wrote:  
(21-12-2011 02:42 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Oh, and the 5th book in the Dexter series, which the title escapes me at the moment.

Ah yes, I just started the first one Big Grin

Awesome!
If you've seen the TV series, the first book is tied to the first season, with some significant changes. After that, the book series has different stories than the TV series.
Love, love, love Dexter. Enjoy!

~Izel
21-12-2011, 03:24 PM
I absolutely love the series. I saw all 6 seasons so far and I'm addicted. You're giving me good news about the "different stories" part. I must say I was a bit frustrated that I have all my endings pre-spoiled as much as I like to read the book before or after watching the movie.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
21-12-2011, 11:41 PM
Cosmos by Carl Sagan. And I think I'll definitely be using the book recommendation thread for my reading list, lots of good looking reads on there.

"Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."
- Christopher Hitchens
[+] 2 users Like kylestyle's post
22-12-2011, 12:38 AM
(21-12-2011 03:24 PM)Malleus Wrote:  I absolutely love the series. I saw all 6 seasons so far and I'm addicted. You're giving me good news about the "different stories" part. I must say I was a bit frustrated that I have all my endings pre-spoiled as much as I like to read the book before or after watching the movie.

Without spoiling things, you'll find characters acting a bit differently in the book too, which besides different stories also gives a fresher feel. I love the relationship he develops with Rita's kids later. And there is a heavier emphasis on his "Dark Passenger" which basically is the voice in his head leading him to do what he does best. I always get excited when I find someone I know is starting the series or the books for the first time. I do have to run the risk of spoiling one thing...if you remember Detective Doakes in the first season, you'll LOVE how he gets treated in the book. Big Grin

~Izel
24-12-2011, 08:37 PM
"The Greatest Show on Earth" by Richard Dawkins.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
24-12-2011, 10:32 PM
It'll be read after Cosmos, but I just got (as a slightly early gift) The Portable Atheist by Christopher Hitchens.

"Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."
- Christopher Hitchens
[+] 1 user Likes kylestyle's post