What Are You Currently Reading?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
25-12-2011, 05:55 PM
RE: What Are You Currently Reading?
Trying to read The Portable Atheist. I have Arguably - Essays to read still also.

I get distracted so easily. I need to get some ADHD meds like my boys. I find myself reading the same line over and over some times because I wonder off. It is very frickin annoying.

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Clint Barnett's post
25-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Just to be totally different I'm currently reading The World According Clarkson (version 1, I've got 2, 3 and 4 waiting on my bookcase).

For those of you who aren't from the UK just wait for it, you're about to here gasps of horror from all British forum members followed by me getting about a billion negative reps and finally the appearance of a thread demanding the instant deletion of my account.

What can I say though, I think the guy's a legend!

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
26-12-2011, 12:58 AM
(25-12-2011 05:55 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  Trying to read The Portable Atheist. I have Arguably - Essays to read still also.

I get distracted so easily. I need to get some ADHD meds like my boys. I find myself reading the same line over and over some times because I wonder off. It is very frickin annoying.

Nice; I got both of those this year, plus one of Gould's essay collections.

"Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."
- Christopher Hitchens
[+] 1 user Likes kylestyle's post
26-12-2011, 01:45 AM
Currently I'm reading 'Area 7' by Matthew Reilly - action/thriller. Not bad.
My favourite reads are 'The Demon-haunted World' by Carl Sagan and the series of 'Jack Reacher' books by Lee Child. I also love reading anything about Astronomy.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
26-12-2011, 02:22 AM
(26-12-2011 01:45 AM)aurora2020 Wrote:  Currently I'm reading 'Area 7' by Matthew Reilly - action/thriller. Not bad.
My favourite reads are 'The Demon-haunted World' by Carl Sagan and the series of 'Jack Reacher' books by Lee Child. I also love reading anything about Astronomy.

I've read a few Matthew Reilly books, including that one. You can count on him for non-stop shoot 'em up action. Good stuff. Smile

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
26-12-2011, 07:57 PM
(26-12-2011 02:22 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(26-12-2011 01:45 AM)aurora2020 Wrote:  Currently I'm reading 'Area 7' by Matthew Reilly - action/thriller. Not bad.

I've read a few Matthew Reilly books, including that one. You can count on him for non-stop shoot 'em up action. Good stuff. Smile

I actually enjoyed 'Ice Station' better but it's still a good read. Smile

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
29-12-2011, 10:38 PM
My 20 yo daughter gave me I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell as a stocking stuffer from this depraved individual. After reading it a bit I asked her, "Why would you give your old man a tutorial in debauchery?" The ensuing demonic laughter scared me more shitless than I've been in decades. ... Goddam I'm proud of her.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-02-2012, 01:45 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2012 01:51 PM by impr0vise.)
Reading through this one again. The last time I read it, it didn't seem nearly as relevant as it does now. I don't know if that's due to change in the political climate, or whether I'm more aware of how corrupt and disgusting the nature of politics has always been.

Either way, Hunter is one of my favorite authors of any genre.

[Image: fear-and-loathing1.jpg?w=500]

"Fanatic ethnic or religious or national identifications are a little difficult to support when we see our planet as a fragile blue crescent fading to become an inconspicuous point of light against the bastion and citadel of the stars." - Carl Sagan
[+] 1 user Likes impr0vise's post
05-02-2012, 02:03 PM
(25-12-2011 05:56 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Just to be totally different I'm currently reading The World According Clarkson (version 1, I've got 2, 3 and 4 waiting on my bookcase).

For those of you who aren't from the UK just wait for it, you're about to here gasps of horror from all British forum members followed by me getting about a billion negative reps and finally the appearance of a thread demanding the instant deletion of my account.

What can I say though, I think the guy's a legend!

Young man! Eeeew! Jeremy Clarkson's an uncouth idiot. Huh

Ok, ok ... read what you want. Rolleyes

If your head explodes, just don't come crying to the forum expecting much sympathy. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
05-02-2012, 04:08 PM
Wilderness Empire By Allan W. Eckert. It's a very good book like all of his books. I enjoy reading them because it brings history to life. If you are from N Y state you would love this book.