Hunger Games!

Might read Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2012, 02:51 PM
RE: What Are You Currently Reading?
(27-03-2012 02:32 PM)tazmin98 Wrote:  Might read Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

That is great ! Wait 'till ya get to the trial in the 3rd book. Just know...she (Salander) "gets back" at EVERYONE !!!

Am reading Roger Penrose's The Road to Reality..a few pages a day..very slow going. Then his books about Quantum Mechanics and consciousness are next, (even though his quantum mind stuff has been debunked I think ??), Am reading the "Adventures of Penrose the Mathematical Cat" to the kids in the neighborhood, who come to my reading group on Saturdays.

BTW, there are lots of You Tube vids by and about Penrose, for those inclined, (he is a buddy of Steven Hawking).

Best of ALL, "The Mystery of the Haunted Bridge", Carolyn Keene...yup Nancy Drew. It's the one where our FAVORITE screw ball, Mortimer Bartesque, makes his appearance. Much of our family humor comes from ole Nanc. Blush

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
27-03-2012, 05:25 PM
Arguably by Hitch and Knocking on Heavens Door by Lisa Randall

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
27-03-2012, 05:51 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2012 08:06 AM by ghostexorcist.)
As I've pointed out in other threads, I have A.D.D. when it comes to reading books. I usually juggle several books at once, and rarely outright finish them since I mainly read what I need for my research:

* Evolutionary Psychology: A Beginner's Guide - Dunbar, Barrett, and Lycett

* Human Evolutionary Psychology - Dunbar, Barrett, and Lycett (basically a more in-depth version of the above book)

* Michelangelo: The Complete Sculpture, Painting, Architecture - Wallace (I'm actually almost done with this one since it is mainly pictures)

* Vampire Forensics: Uncovering the Origins of an Enduring Legend - Jenkins

I just ordered:

* Cave Art - Clottes

* Peacemaking Between Primates - de Waal

* Chimpanzee Politics: Power and Sex among Apes - de Waal
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-03-2012, 06:44 PM
Ohio made me feel guilty about having so many books waiting for me. I've got a stack of them and most of them aren't fiction.

I finally picked up the book my wife gave me for Presentree. Stephen Kings 11/22/63.

Stupid title. But so far I'm liking it. I've still got too many hobbies so my reading is slower than usual, but I'm about halfway through it and it hasn't crapped out yet. His larger tomes usually do. My favorite part so far is the connection to certain Derry kids... the kind that don't like clowns.

See it's a book about time travel. Odd for King I know, but I think he's beaten all of his other dead horses so much it hurt his sales enough to try new things. I for one am grateful. Let you know what I think about it when I inevitably finish the bastard.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
27-03-2012, 07:23 PM
I'm almost finished with Terry Goodkind's Wizard's First Rule. It's pretty good, especially for a book I found at a thrift store. Sadly, I've heard that past the second book the quality kind of drops off pretty quickly.
27-03-2012, 09:07 PM
The Bible(pronounced Bi-bull, I like the reactions I get from saying it this way) As i read this, I truly wonder how many of the bible thumpers devout have actually read what this book tells you.

Under Repair.
28-03-2012, 03:13 AM
reading
"Smart Skills: Meetings - Agenda for success"
But it is boring and I know those things and nothing new, so I guess I will be done today with it.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
03-04-2012, 02:42 PM
R. Dawkins: The Greatest Show on Earth

and

The Britannica Guide to Genetics: The most exciting developments in life science - from Mendel to the Human Genome Project

[Image: s1hlsk.gif]