What Are You Currently Reading?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
30-04-2012, 03:58 PM
RE: What Are You Currently Reading?
Plague Dogs . Still. Tongue And there's a movie, I might hafta go watch. It's supposed to be a commentary on unnecessary animal testing, but it reminds me more about how much I hate the news. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2012, 08:08 PM
The Problems of Philosophy by Bertrand Russell - pretty intense reading Blink

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like aurora's post
08-05-2012, 12:53 AM
The Year of Living Biblically: One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible by A.J. Jacobs

"Here's the thing about rights. They're not supposed to be voted on. That's why they call them rights." -Rachel Maddow
13-05-2012, 11:34 PM
The Hobbit, by JRR Tolkien (haven't read this in 20 years, but I need to refresh my memory for the movies)
The Ancient Maya, by Sharer and Traxler
14-05-2012, 11:26 PM
Thomas und die Schwarze Kunst ("Thomas and the black arts"), written by Wiebke von Thadden.

The title suggests that it's a fantasy book containing magic and all that fancy stuff, but it's actually a historical roman taking place in Germany at the time when letterpress printing was invented.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
15-05-2012, 05:25 AM
Right now I am reading The Good News Club by Katherine Stewart for the skephick.org book club. Holy jeebus is this book scary. It explains the "Good News Club" which is a group that is allowed to use public schools to hold a "bible club" after school. The problem is that they are using the children in the club to proselytize to other children during school hours. It has caused huge rifts in neighborhoods because the Christian kids are telling the non-Christian kids (or even the wrong kind of Christians) that they are going to hell. Driving the parents to step in and largely divide schools which were working just fine before the club showed up.

This Good News Club is run by the Child Evangelism Fellowship (look them up... SCARY!).

I think at the time the book was written they state they are in over 3000 schools.
15-05-2012, 09:58 AM
God's Problem: How the Bible Fails to Answer Our Most Important Question - Why We Suffer by Bart Ehrman

"Here's the thing about rights. They're not supposed to be voted on. That's why they call them rights." -Rachel Maddow
16-05-2012, 02:34 AM
Victor J Stenger - The New Atheism

Matthew Stone - Atheism - A Believers Guide.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
16-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Currently, I am reading today's posts on TTA forum Blink

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
17-05-2012, 12:12 AM
Incarnations of Immortality by Piers Anthony.

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"