What Are You Currently Reading?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
21-08-2012, 06:17 PM
RE: What Are You Currently Reading?
Just finished up World War Z. Absolutely fantastic read. I definitely recommend it.

Don't know what to start next. I have the Hunger Games, and I'm considering giving in to the craze and seeing what's up. But I also want to reread the Dark Tower series.

[Image: g8g7t.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2012, 06:35 PM
Small Gods by Terry Pratchett

I'm on Isaiah in the bible.... it suuuuuuucks

My Year Of the Bible - A blog on reading the Bible

Fear is strange soil. Mainly it grows obedience like corn, which grows in rows and makes weeding easy. But sometimes it grows the potatoes of defiance, which flourish underground.
- Terry Pratchett
22-08-2012, 11:24 AM
I'm trying to work on the selfish gene. I have trouble reading so it takes me forever to get through something.
[+] 1 user Likes atheistpsyconaut's post
22-08-2012, 11:25 AM
(21-08-2012 06:17 PM)Ghost0fBanquo Wrote:  Just finished up World War Z. Absolutely fantastic read. I definitely recommend it.

Don't know what to start next. I have the Hunger Games, and I'm considering giving in to the craze and seeing what's up. But I also want to reread the Dark Tower series.

Dark Tower. Thumbsup
We've got a small thread started around here somewhere. Add to it if you have some insights. Shy

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
22-08-2012, 05:30 PM
(22-08-2012 11:25 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Dark Tower. Thumbsup
We've got a small thread started around here somewhere. Add to it if you have some insights. Shy

Will do!

22-08-2012, 05:43 PM
The Gestural Communication of Apes and Monkeys (2007) Edited by Josep Call and Michael Tomasello

It came with a nifty DVD full of examples too.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-08-2012, 06:00 PM
I read the short story, "The Yellow Wallpaper" today.. Excellent tale with some suspense detailing the depression and madness of women dealing with understanding their second class citizenship from the 19th century.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
22-08-2012, 06:07 PM
I read "The Yellow Wallpaper" for a class I took a couple years ago...very haunting.

I am still chipping away at God is Not Great...have to let some of it sink in now and then. Not exactly light reading, but I am liking it.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
22-08-2012, 10:55 PM
Decided to start The Dark Tower series again. Man, I love The Gunslinger. Perfection.

22-08-2012, 10:59 PM
Currently, as in right now? I'm reading that I am typing.

Ahah jokes aside I recently started to reread the Rangers Apprentice series. Anybody familiar?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.