What Are You Currently Reading?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
23-08-2012, 09:43 AM
RE: What Are You Currently Reading?
I am about to finish A Cavern of Black Ice by J.V. Jones. The first book in the Sword of Shadows trilogy. Pretty good book. Well written and very dark.

When I'm done I have the 5th Sandman compilation to read,as well as Titus Groan. I've been meaning to get around to reading that for years.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2012, 03:28 PM
Ventus

Free sci-fi that's good, all you need to know. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Someone around here recommended Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance a while back. My life got annoyingly irritating and I was also finishing that King tome so there was no time.

Picked it up today. Better be good person who spoke highly of it. Probably Girly.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
26-08-2012, 12:19 PM
I'm about to finish the second book in the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series, A Clash of Kings. And also just started reading Carl Sagan's Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark.

"If we crave some cosmic purpose, then let us find ourselves a worthy goal." - Carl Sagan
26-08-2012, 03:14 PM
(23-08-2012 03:41 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Someone around here recommended Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance a while back. My life got annoyingly irritating and I was also finishing that King tome so there was no time.

Picked it up today. Better be good person who spoke highly of it. Probably Girly.

Or me.

Deep book.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
27-08-2012, 12:28 AM
I've put Dark Tower on hold since school's started- I have a lot of plays and text books to read.

[Image: g8g7t.jpg]
29-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Currently reading the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy series and loving it even more this time around Smile
[+] 1 user Likes traceparcet's post
29-08-2012, 09:26 PM
(21-08-2012 06:35 PM)futureMACH Wrote:  I'm on Isaiah in the bible.... it suuuuuuucks

Not all of it.

". . . they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more." (2:4, KJV)

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 1 user Likes cufflink's post
29-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Currently reading a number of books, here goes:

A Game of Thrones, Georg R. R. Martin. I started watching the series when it started, liked it, and decided I wanted to read the book first so I stopped watching. I read a lot of things at once, so I tend to be slow as far as individual books to, and I keep having to return it because it is on hold again, then wait a month for my spot in the queue to come up again...

I Claudius, Robert Graves. I've borrowed this from a friend, only a little way into it since I keep focusing on things I have to return to the library!

Moral Minority: Our Skeptical Founding Fathers, Brooke Allen. Someone suggested on my blog that I read this after I complained about having to watch these horrible David Barton videos at my church all summer... Glad those videos are done with.

Nonbeliever Nation: The Rise of Secular Americans, David Niose.

Attack of the Theocrats: How the religious right harms us all--and what we can do about it, Sean Faircloth.

I just finished reading The Idea Factory: Bell Labs and the Great Age of American Innovation by John Gertner, which was a great 20th century history/biography on some of the Bell Labs scientists from the heyday of that crew.

I also recently discovered that my library lets me save items to a list so I don't have to put everything on hold once I hear about it, then end up with 20 books to try to read at once. Big Grin
30-08-2012, 10:49 AM
I was just cast in "Ah, Wilderness" by Eugene O'Neill, so I'll be reading it almost daily for about 2 months.

[Image: g8g7t.jpg]