What Are You Currently Reading?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
03-08-2013, 02:02 PM
RE: What Are You Currently Reading?
Since finding out about the Song of Ice and Fire books on here I've been trudging my way through them.

Just finished.

They're not too shabby.

I still can't summon up enough determination to plough through our Ask A Theist thread though... one day, one day.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2013, 06:19 PM
I mostly read biographies and histories. I just finished a book about the actress Ava Gardner called Love is Nothing. What a life she lived. It was like three lives put into one. She drank, cursed like a sailor, had sex with just about anyone who would have her and that was most any man who came in contact with her. She battled with Frank Sinatra, her third husband, and after their divorce he never quite got over her.

She only lived to be 67 but piled a whole lot of living into those 67 years. She makes Lindsey Lohan look like a damn nun.
03-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Recently finished A Storm of Swords...I have been waiting for the fifth book to come out in paperback, now I see there is a 6th being written. And I still need to read A Feast For Crows. OY! Was switching back and forth with Dead Ever After (Sookie Stackhouse series).

Currently reading non-fiction...Hatteras Island, Keeper of the Outer Banks. I think I am going to read something else before diving back into the world of Westeros. Just haven't decided what that will be yet. It's unusual for me to only have one book going at a time so will decide on something soon.

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
03-08-2013, 07:12 PM
(03-08-2013 06:51 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Recently finished A Storm of Swords...I have been waiting for the fifth book to come out in paperback, now I see there is a 6th being written. And I still need to read A Feast For Crows. OY! Was switching back and forth with Dead Ever After (Sookie Stackhouse series).

Currently reading non-fiction...Hatteras Island, Keeper of the Outer Banks. I think I am going to read something else before diving back into the world of Westeros. Just haven't decided what that will be yet. It's unusual for me to only have one book going at a time so will decide on something soon.

'A Feast For Crows' is long and slow, but if you really pay attention to it, it's just as amazing as Storm. Lots of great intrigue in Sansa's plot, Arya is badass as always, and Circei, ohh Circei. Even Sam's plot has some nice little gems in it if you are paying attention.

...Of course 'A Dance With Dragons' is what it is all about, book 4/5 are really the same book. Bran! Jon! Deanarys!

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-08-2013, 05:25 PM
Heart RE: What Are You Currently Reading?
I am currently reading "Sex & God" by Darrel Ray.

Love it!!

[Image: BMCz_10CEAAAG5S.jpg]
06-08-2013, 05:34 PM
I have given up on Stephen King's
Tales From the Graveyard Shift
06-08-2013, 05:34 PM
I'm gonna go re -read Harry Potter
09-08-2013, 04:18 PM
A Wise Man's Fear - Patrick Rothfuss

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest" - Denis Diderot

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered, religion is answers that may never be questioned"
09-08-2013, 10:21 PM
The Memory Keeper's Daughter
10-08-2013, 05:24 PM
The Beginning of Infinity, by physicist David Deutsch

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Please Donate To Reading Rainbow Kickstarter, Only 9 Days Left! WindyCityJazz 0 55 22-06-2014 06:39 PM
Last Post: WindyCityJazz
  Re-reading books BrokenQuill92 10 321 06-02-2014 12:31 AM
Last Post: Astreja
  Suggested Reading Material Julie15 12 614 08-03-2013 01:25 PM
Last Post: RaisdCath
  Would you be interested in reading the Christian Bible... PoolBoyG 37 1,609 04-11-2012 08:51 PM
Last Post: Logisch
  Started reading Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter kingschosen 2 437 16-04-2012 07:00 PM
Last Post: Logica Humano
  Reading list in the making... suggestions, anyone? wellspringofderision 15 1,387 05-04-2012 09:28 PM
Last Post: Bucky Ball