RE: What Are You Currently Reading?
This thread Dodgy

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
04-09-2013, 07:01 PM
(24-08-2013 04:49 PM)Dena Wrote:  The Bonobo and the Atheist

I'm liking it much more than I thought I would. Soon I'll also be starting Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. It'll be my first time through that one.

I read that over the summer. You can see my two part review here and here.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-09-2013, 03:03 PM
Have to do four book reports my senior year. Picked up a random book and the back said something about Darwin's evolutionary theory. The book is basically two separate books in one (two book reports); H.G. Wells' The Time Machine and The Invisible Man. Have no clue if either of them are good because I haven't began reading yet. Anyone read them?

(12-11-2011 08:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  "Love is merely chemistry" is a deception. We are merely chemistry. Love makes us master chemists.
13-09-2013, 03:08 PM
(13-09-2013 03:03 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Have to do four book reports my senior year. Picked up a random book and the back said something about Darwin's evolutionary theory. The book is basically two separate books in one (two book reports); H.G. Wells' The Time Machine and The Invisible Man. Have no clue if either of them are good because I haven't began reading yet. Anyone read them?

I read HG Wells The Time Machine ages ago wonderful book a true classic. I think you'll enjoy them.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
13-09-2013, 03:33 PM
(13-09-2013 03:08 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(13-09-2013 03:03 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Have to do four book reports my senior year. Picked up a random book and the back said something about Darwin's evolutionary theory. The book is basically two separate books in one (two book reports); H.G. Wells' The Time Machine and The Invisible Man. Have no clue if either of them are good because I haven't began reading yet. Anyone read them?

I read HG Wells The Time Machine ages ago wonderful book a true classic. I think you'll enjoy them.

Sweet, I'm looking forward to them. I'll probably start on them while I recover from my wisdom teeth. Smile

(12-11-2011 08:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  "Love is merely chemistry" is a deception. We are merely chemistry. Love makes us master chemists.
13-09-2013, 04:59 PM
Kandy...what a drag!
Biography of Sydney's first gay man to openly express his gayness in the 60s.
In the 60s he joined Les Girls, later owned a few pubs, fathered a child, opened gay baths , and served some time in jail.
Much of this occurred round Kings Cross where I lived in the 60s, so there is a lot of familiarity. by Ken Kandy Johnson 2009.
14-09-2013, 04:29 AM
[Image: the-god-argument.jpg]

Good...but doesn't say anything I already know.

[Image: 6a00d8341c73fe53ef0147e29bc417970b-800wi]

The sixth book I've read about Scientology in the last 4 months! I got this one for free (legally!) here Public Domain Books Critical of Scientology

[Image: cover-girls-fall-down.jpg]

Excellent novel written by an activist minister of The Anglican Church Of Canada Helwig's Wikipedia Page

“I'm an atheist, and that's it. I believe there's nothing we can know except that we should be kind to each other and do what we can for people.” - Katharine Hepburn
23-09-2013, 12:03 PM
Re-reading David Brin's Uplift trilogy.
He's also the author of post-apocalyptic Postman. I prefer Uplift though. There's also a second trilogy, Exiles, that is set in the same universe.

[Image: Uplift_B-2.jpg]
30-09-2013, 09:59 PM
But They Didn't Read Me My Rights by Michael Cicchini.

http://www.amazon.com/But-They-Didnt-Rea...B0071UNU5E
02-10-2013, 07:22 AM
I'm (still) reading A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson and I'm also reading Ilona Andrews' Magic Bleeds.