19-02-2014, 03:19 AM
RE: What Are You Currently Reading?
[Image: 51BbVm4L0oL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

[Image: MegahentaiSignature_zps7c4b73b2.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2014, 09:11 PM
I've got my paws in so many different books right now, I iz almost ashamed. Blush

But not really...

Right now I've got God is Not Great going, as well as The Dragon and the George, Cosmos by the wonderful Carl Sagan Heart and my TBR stack is just.... beautiful. It's beautiful. So many books. Big Grin

Soon I am going to try my hand at a graphic novel so we'll see how that goes. Yes

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
02-03-2014, 09:16 PM
Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf. Big Grin
07-03-2014, 12:04 AM
No I am shaking my head at my current reading habits. At present, I have not one, not two, not three books going at once, but FOUR. Hobo

But I tell myself that that's perfectly acceptable, given that they're all in their own little category. In Science, I've got Sagan's Cosmos. In Atheism/Philosophy/Religious/whatever-you-wanna-call-it, I've got Hitchens' God is Not Great. For fiction, I've got your typical paperback novel, Dickson's The Dragon and the George (which I really should have finished by now!). And yes, this next one is fiction too, but it's a graphic novel so it's different, okay! Hobo In that category is Brian K. Vaughan's Saga Vol. 1 (I also have Vol. 2, and if I am not imagining things, Vol. 3 is soon to come out - Big Grin).

So uh... yeah. Blush Lots of books going all at once. I swear I never used to do this. And then I started having one fiction and one non-fiction going at once. Now... now I haz just lost my ever-lovin' mind. Tongue

Oh, and I am really enjoying Saga. It's weird and bizarre and beautiful, all at the same time. Just like hobo. Heart Hobo

07-03-2014, 12:06 AM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2014 12:13 AM by Escape Artist.)
That seemed an awful lot like a repeat of my last post in here. Whoops. Blush I mainly wanted to squee about Saga. Yes Tongue

Heart Heart Heart

[Image: 18tnikb9c0zyrjpg.jpg] Laugh out load -----^

[Image: saga9-666x1024.jpg]

Heart Heart Heart

Big Grin

08-03-2014, 11:47 AM
Finished Saga Vol. 1... on to Vol. 2!!! Big Grin

And I am determined to finished Dragon and the George today! Yes

Let's see if I reach my goal.

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
09-03-2014, 11:41 AM
Hi there, looking forward to being an active member of this group. I've just finished reading a book called 2083, the second in a new series of political science fiction books. Highly recommend the series, the first chapter of the first book is online here so you can see if it's your bag - http://thechroniclesofhope.com/preview/. It's been pushed by richard dawkins and is about an atheist revolutionary humanitarian politician guy on another planet. Won't give away any spoilers but think 1984 meets one flew over the cuckoo's nest. It really gets you thinking and some genius characters in there
21-03-2014, 09:36 PM
Yeah, so I didn't reach my goal the other day. Confused But I did finish Dragon and the George eventually! Big Grin

I didn't start Saga Vol. 2 right after I finished the first one, but I'm reading it now and love it. I uh... Blush I am ashamed to say that I used to think comics and whatnot were silly. Don't kill me!!! Sadcryface

Saga Vol. 3 comes out on Tuesday - squeeeeee!!!!!! - so I'm gonna try and finish this one by then. Shouldn't be too hard.

I'm also reading Doubleblind by Ann Aguirre which is part of a sci-fi romance series that I really enjoy. Yes

As far as Cosmos and God is Not Great go, they're not going all that much. Blush I needs quiet to concentrate - especially for the erudite Hitchens - and I haven't been afforded much of that as of late. I will get there, though. Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
22-03-2014, 03:51 AM
I am reading Book one of the John Carter of Mars (or Barsoom) series A Princess of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs (best known for creating Tarzan). I'm about a quarter of the way into it so far and it is quite enjoyable it is also free if you have a Kindle (as is the rest of the Barsoom series).

Recently I read "The Portrait of Dorian Grey" By Oscar Wilde, wonderful story and there is a reason it is a classic. Again this is available for free if you have a Kindle.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
22-03-2014, 06:21 AM
(22-03-2014 03:51 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I am reading Book one of the John Carter of Mars (or Barsoom) series A Princess of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs (best known for creating Tarzan). I'm about a quarter of the way into it so far and it is quite enjoyable it is also free if you have a Kindle (as is the rest of the Barsoom series).

Recently I read "The Portrait of Dorian Grey" By Oscar Wilde, wonderful story and there is a reason it is a classic. Again this is available for free if you have a Kindle.

I've been meaning to read those for years. There is a "Kindle for PC" program that people can download for free. I did it the other day. Just FYI for those interested in these titles.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user