What Are You Currently Reading?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
10-09-2014, 11:07 AM
RE: What Are You Currently Reading?
Quote:I am half way through and I got God is not great up next.

Such a shame that Hitchens passed away before he could write the sequel: "God Really Sucks."

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2014, 03:57 PM
http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Ado...ne.0105004

Transcriptomic Analysis of Tail Regeneration in the Lizard Anolis carolinensis Reveals Activation of Conserved Vertebrate Developmental and Repair Mechanisms

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
17-09-2014, 06:08 PM
Skin Game (book 16 of the Dresden Files) - by Jim Butcher. That other wizard named Harry... but tougher!

RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. - Ambrose Bierce (The Devil's Dictionary)
17-09-2014, 06:22 PM
Godless by Dan Barker

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
19-09-2014, 03:56 AM
A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire #3) by George R. R. Martin. Loving it.
I'm also reading an indie published book called The Circle of Sorcerers by Brian Kittrell. Not a bad book, though slow going.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-09-2014, 04:34 PM
Sharpe's Rifles.
30-09-2014, 01:41 PM
[Image: 200px-Heres.JPG]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
30-09-2014, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 30-09-2014 05:11 PM by ZeroX3.)
The Silmarillion
02-10-2014, 07:56 AM
Haven't updated in a while. Blush

Anyway, I finished Children of Dune and enjoyed it as usual. Things really picked up speed toward the end of the novel and big changes happened! But yeah, these Dune books are always kind of a slow read for me. They're very rich and detailed.

Also finished up Harley Quinn: Preludes and Nocturnes. It was a fun read. Harley's being somehow naive, insane, and criminalistic all at once is endearing. Big Grin

Another comic I picked up and read before I could even post here and say I'd started it was Pretty Deadly, Volume 1...

[Image: pretty_deadly_vol1_cov.jpg]

Now normally, I could not give a shit about anything even remotely Western. It's not that I hate it - I've enjoyed Western stories before - it's just that I don't tend to seek them out. But this one, well... the art drew me in and also, it's got Death in there. And I am fond of Death-related stories of late. I enjoyed it quite a lot - yes, it's a Western setting, but there's magic in it as well. It gets a bit confusing at times, but I am interested to see where the story goes in the future. Yes

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
02-10-2014, 08:32 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2014 08:39 AM by yakherder.)
Zombie Fallout book 8: An Old Beginning

Zombie books that manage to successfully incorporate badass zombie slaying vampires yet still seem more real in their character development than most zombie books are awesome.

[Image: 51TyEF4Em9L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-stic..._OU01_.jpg]

'Murican Canadian