What Are You Currently Reading?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
12-09-2015, 11:27 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2015 11:31 AM by Escape Artist.)
RE: What Are You Currently Reading?
Just finished reading this...

[Image: 51xYxofjSCL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

So many sudden deaths in this volume. So many! Weeping

I still love you, Saga. Hobo Heart

ETA: Oh, and a small little snippet of one of my favorite bits out of this volume... Tongue

[Image: tumblr_nq2nd13cOm1qbj79io1_1280.jpg]

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
12-09-2015, 12:59 PM
The Witches of Salem .. in last week's New Yorker.
5 year old witches. Facepalm
The idiocy of religion knows no bounds.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
12-09-2015, 01:11 PM
[Image: 51WZPVEESqL._SX312_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg][Image: 182px-Guildpact.jpg?version=9b25a3e06b28...f374200904][Image: 51XJGN3SF5L._AC_UL320_SR194,320_.jpg]

Magic the Gather books tend to be fun light reads and so far the Ravnica trilogy is exactly that.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
19-09-2015, 05:38 AM
The Phantom Body of the King. Peripheral Struggles with a Modern Form by Jan Sowa.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
19-09-2015, 07:14 AM
Currently wading through Oolon Colluphid's trilogy of philosophical blockbusters:

Where God Went Wrong

Some More Of God's Greatest Mistakes

and

Who Is This God Person Anyway?

Big Grin

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Octapulse's post
19-09-2015, 09:11 AM
Just finished Senger's GOD: The Failed Hypothesis. Now, I'm reading a book about introversion that my mother-in-law reccomended; Quiet by Susan Cain. I was worried at first that it would be some Christian self help book (as she is a counselor for her church), but it is actually pretty good. Well researched and very interesting. However, it does kind of stroke the introverted reader's ego. Anyways, if you consider yourself quiet, shy, deep-thinking, sensitive, etc., then I'd recommend this book. It actually might help dispel some self-imposed guilt about your nature and personality. Cheers, and happy reading! Smile
20-09-2015, 12:45 PM
I am working my way through sherrilyn kenyon's dark hunter series A.K.A. Acheron series for the third time now. Just finished The Dark Tower series from Stephen King before that.

The more we know, the more ignorant we become in the absolute sense, for it is only through enlightenment that we become conscious of our limitations. Precisely one of the most gratifying results of intellectual evolution is the continuous opening up of new and greater prospects.
Nikola Tesla
20-09-2015, 09:16 PM
Just finished Raymond Chandler's The Long Goodbye, his longest Philip Marlowe detective novel.

The man could write, even if his plots got a little tattered and rambly. What a way with words.

God does not work in mysterious ways — he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.
Jesus had a pretty rough weekend for your sins.
20-09-2015, 11:04 PM
Just got this book today, I'm excited to start reading it.

[Image: Demon-Haunted_World.jpg]

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
[+] 1 user Likes Worom's post
20-09-2015, 11:16 PM
Currently 3 books on the go, but it is taking time due to a loss of concentration and musical instrument practice.

[Image: 9781843548911.jpg]

[Image: 9781861975966.jpg]

[Image: defending-the-motherland.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.