What Are You Currently Reading?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
15-01-2016, 04:11 PM
RE: What Are You Currently Reading?
Nicholas de Lange, An Introduction to Judaism.

I was raised Catholic, so I'm pretty familiar with Christianity -- its beliefs, practices, and history. I want to learn more about the other two Abrahamic religions (Judaism and Islam). I think an understanding of the beliefs and practices of each faith and how the three have interacted is not only fascinating in its own right, but also crucial to understanding Middle Eastern politics.

After this I plan to read Paul Johnson's A History of the Jews, and then some books on Islam.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2016, 10:49 AM
"Game of Thrones" by George R R Martin

"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth." Buddha
18-01-2016, 10:53 AM
Our Mathematical Universe - Max Tegmark

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
18-01-2016, 12:48 PM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2016 01:44 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
I'm waiting for a textbook on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and some books on meditation, so I will be studying those subjects for a while.

19-01-2016, 01:52 AM
Currently reading 'The Well of Lost Plots' by Jasper Fforde and working my way through How Humans Evolved by Boyd and Silk.

The other thing people don't realise about science which differentiates it from religion is that, the most exciting thing about being a scientist is not knowing and being wrong. Because that means there is a lot left to learn.

"Cosmic Connections" by Lawrence Krauss
19-01-2016, 02:48 AM
TTA forum.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
19-01-2016, 02:51 AM
Armor and Blood: The Battle of Kursk: The Turning Point of World War II by Dennis Showalter.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
19-01-2016, 02:55 AM
(19-01-2016 02:51 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Armor and Blood: The Battle of Kursk: The Turning Point of World War II by Dennis Showalter.

Oh that sounds good. Is it? If yes, I will order it on amazon now. I trust your judgement Szuchow.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
19-01-2016, 03:01 AM
(19-01-2016 02:55 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(19-01-2016 02:51 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Armor and Blood: The Battle of Kursk: The Turning Point of World War II by Dennis Showalter.

Oh that sounds good. Is it? If yes, I will order it on amazon now. I trust your judgement Szuchow.

I just started it but for now at least it is good. Obviously it's about Kursk but author starts with describing what caused Kursk to happen, going back to Barbarossa and Fall Blau.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
19-01-2016, 03:05 AM
(19-01-2016 03:01 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(19-01-2016 02:55 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Oh that sounds good. Is it? If yes, I will order it on amazon now. I trust your judgement Szuchow.

I just started it but for now at least it is good. Obviously it's about Kursk but author starts with describing what caused Kursk to happen, going back to Barbarossa and Fall Blau.

Should I order it?

Banjo.