What Are You Currently Reading?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
25-06-2012, 07:36 AM
RE: What Are You Currently Reading?
Quantum Man by Lawrence Krauss - It a biography of Richard Feynman and it is really good.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2012, 07:18 PM
Reading and deeply enjoying Ingersoll, Robert G. ..."What's God Got to do With It?" And..."Some Mistakes of Moses" between Listening to Hitchens and reading "Love, Poverty and War" by Hitchens
04-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Next of Kin: My Conversations with Chimpanzees (1997) by Roger Fouts - It basically describes Prof. Fouts' interactions with sign language-using Chimpanzees as a graduate student and, later, as an academic. It also acts as a call to stop medical research companies from using Chimpanzees and other primates in medical experiments. Pretty interesting so far. The first half is a good read for those wishing to know more about the evolution of human language.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-07-2012, 05:26 AM
The Greatest Show on Earth: The evidence for evolution.
By the esteemed Richard Dawkins.

Get this book! Right now, stop reading and go out and get it.
Well written, you don’t need a PhD to understand it, hell, even I could understand it and I’m as daft as they come!
I know you all know that evolution is established fact and you don’t need further evidence, just like you know you can’t breath under water and don’t need to go drown yourself to prove it.
But this is just a fascinating book.
I’m sure others have read it and recommended it on here too but if I can get just one more person to read this as well I’ll be a happy lad.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Karl's post
06-07-2012, 08:23 AM
i'm reading lord of the rings ,a brief history of time and the grand design
though the i haven't read much in the latter books as I'm randomly too ditsy to focus on it and fantasy is more up my alley

"Villain, i have done thy mother" - Aaron, Act IV, Scene II of Titus Andronicus
07-07-2012, 11:33 AM

I'm almost done reading Inherit The Stars by James P. Hogan. A co-worker recommended it and I am loving it. The whole talk on evolution is great. Can't wait to read the other books.
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2012, 01:17 PM
Just started Don Quixote. I have been puttering around in current political books the last month and wanted some fiction (although some could say politics is fiction enough). This has been on my list for awhile so thought I would jump in.

"Well behaved women seldom make history" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
14-07-2012, 12:46 AM
Civilization: The West and the Rest
by Niall Ferguson
[Image: niall.jpeg]
I don't know how I end up getting into these economic historian books by accident and then being blown away from them. Milton Friedman, Thomas Sowell & now I'll be adding this guy onto my list of guys who understand the world and how it really works. Geeky reading to be sure but good stuff!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-07-2012, 03:57 AM
Rena's Promise

[Image: 386283.jpg]

"Here's the thing about rights. They're not supposed to be voted on. That's why they call them rights." -Rachel Maddow
14-07-2012, 08:43 AM
Reading what reminds me of an upside down Eat Pray Love. It's called Playing For Pizza by John Grisham. If any of you have read it, you know what I mean. Thumbsup

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post