What Are You Currently Reading?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
04-01-2011, 12:04 PM
RE: What Are You Currently Reading?
Reading this on my Kindle:
[Image: 41qX8fHYNxL.jpg]

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2011, 05:22 PM
(04-01-2011 04:32 AM)Dregs Wrote:  
(04-01-2011 02:04 AM)TheKetola Wrote:  Can you give some backround on Bethany Mclean? I tried looking em up, but the Wikipedia page is fairly empty, except something about a scandal and the authors work as an investment banker.

Beside the fact that I saw her on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart endorsing her book, no I can't. I'll see if I can find anything later though.

Jon Stewart! Say no more!
*runs off to the book store* xP
Find all posts by this user
05-01-2011, 05:03 AM
I am currently reading The Naked Pint by Christina Perozzi. Great book on the culture of craft beer.
08-01-2011, 12:36 PM

I'm reading 'Why does E=mc2' by Brian Cox and Jeff Foreshaw as a paperback and
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Why-Does-mc2-Bri...0306819112

'The Dark Side of Christian History' by Helen Ellerbe
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dark-Side-Christ...0964487349

both fun reading Smile
Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2011, 04:07 AM
Ive started reading Gulliver's Travels slowly. So I am going back and forth between that and The Naked Pint, which I listed early. Both great books so far.
15-01-2011, 05:19 PM
(08-01-2011 12:36 PM)meh Wrote:  'The Dark Side of Christian History' by Helen Ellerbe

I didn't know there was a dark side to christian history, I thought it was all dark.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
19-01-2011, 10:08 AM

[Image: 41rdBIuygpL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-stic..._OU01_.jpg]

Almost done, should finish it tonight. Great book with the idea of how most of society is fooled into their lives. HIGHLY Recommend it.
(03-01-2011 09:03 AM)Dregs Wrote:  If this Topic interests you at all, this is a fantastically written book. Disclaimer: It WILL piss you off! I'm no economist so its written for the lay person, however you still won't understand half the bullshit that goes on because I don't think they understand half of it either!

[Image: book-review-all-the-devils-are-here-2010...-40-37.jpg]

This is one of my next books.. I heard about this from the Daily Show, and wanted to read it for a while. Almost picked it up when I was at Barnes and Noble, but will wait. Between this and the soon to be released WikiLeaks on the Banks.. Hopefully should shake things up. I would suggest the book I am currently reading as one of your next ones. It dives into this scandal from a different take..
26-01-2011, 11:28 PM
The Moral Landscape by Sam Harris; and The Last Pendragon by Sarah Woodbury.

The Beauty of The Scientific Method , is the Anticipation of a Better Explanation.
27-01-2011, 01:24 PM
I'm currently working on The Joys of Motherhood by Buchi Emecheta

[Image: joysofmotherhood.gif]

Pretty good so far, about a Nigerian woman and her struggles with motherhood in a constantly changing Nigeria, trying to cling to her heritage while the white man's culture overwhelms and takes in the youth including her own children. Really well written too.

27-01-2011, 01:28 PM

Anyone here like reading self indulgent horror stories! Bentley Little, Jack Ketchum, Stephen King, many others...