What Are You Listening To?

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
30-04-2013, 05:38 PM
RE: What Are You Listening To?
(27-04-2013 10:03 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  O.K. Roll your eyes. I suck! But it's been eating me from the inside out for a bloomin month! Can't remember the name of the band, song, or album. I remember the band was like a crazy mix of rap, reggae, & RnB. Anyway. Song began with what sounds like a produced facsimile of a woodwind instrument playing high pitched Doo Doo Do-do-doo-doo.
Chorus:
*drum beat* boom boom *saxophone* duh nuh nuh nu-nuhh *old blues singer yelling* Blah Blah Blah Blah *lady singing lazily* Bublah-blahh Repeat chorus, then back to the woodwind.
I know I suck, but I can't find it anywhere, & without the band, song, or album name, I think I'm fucked Sad I want that song so fucking bad, damn it!!

I love solving puzzles and this is right up my alley! Give us some hard data like the year you heard it. Can you describe what the band looked like? Was there a video? Who else they sound like? Did you hear it on radio, mainstream or college? Was it a one hit wonder?

Quite a long shot but my best guess from what you describe is this Us3 song.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2013, 09:49 PM
Thanks, Grassy Knoll, for trying with the Us3, but that's not it. You're looking at my college years, around 2000-ish, definitely not mainstream (never heard it on the radio), in fact obscure as hell. Band members were mostly if not all dark skinned. At least a couple fellas, and at least 1 woman. Band might have been a couple years old already. Unfortunately, as at that time we were all trying to break world weed records, I can't remember anything about them. I didn't own the CD, and my friend no longer lives here.
Anyway. The first part of the song starts with an instrument that almost sounds like cricket's chirping, but not so high-pitched & ear-splitting; still high"er" pitch, but smooth like whistling. DON'T QUOTE THIS, but I seem to remember a few lyrics (which could be totally wrongUndecided) :
Last part of the lyrics leading up to the chorus is a guy rapping (with a slight echo effect) ...and I can be your lover..ya luhva.. ya luhva...
Goes into the chorus w/ a saxophone du-nu-nu-nunuhhh / guy half assed yells out "you treat me so bad", immediately with no pause a woman responds with "be nice", or "free style" (or "green mile" for all I know, but the vowel sounds are right).
She draws out that last word like "free styyyyyle" When put together =
*sax* du-nu-nu-nunuhhh *guy* you treat me so bad *gal* free styyyyle *sax* du-nu-nu-nunuhhh .....repeat guy's and gals part. The chorus is sung, while after it goes back to traditional "rap" as far as how the lyrics roll out. Rough huh? I'll never find my baby Weeping

Find all posts by this user
01-05-2013, 04:33 AM
(30-04-2013 09:49 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Thanks, Grassy Knoll, for trying with the Us3, but that's not it. You're looking at my college years, around 2000-ish, definitely not mainstream (never heard it on the radio), in fact obscure as hell. Band members were mostly if not all dark skinned. At least a couple fellas, and at least 1 woman. Band might have been a couple years old already. Unfortunately, as at that time we were all trying to break world weed records, I can't remember anything about them. I didn't own the CD, and my friend no longer lives here.
Anyway. The first part of the song starts with an instrument that almost sounds like cricket's chirping, but not so high-pitched & ear-splitting; still high"er" pitch, but smooth like whistling. DON'T QUOTE THIS, but I seem to remember a few lyrics (which could be totally wrongUndecided) :
Last part of the lyrics leading up to the chorus is a guy rapping (with a slight echo effect) ...and I can be your lover..ya luhva.. ya luhva...
Goes into the chorus w/ a saxophone du-nu-nu-nunuhhh / guy half assed yells out "you treat me so bad", immediately with no pause a woman responds with "be nice", or "free style" (or "green mile" for all I know, but the vowel sounds are right).
She draws out that last word like "free styyyyyle" When put together =
*sax* du-nu-nu-nunuhhh *guy* you treat me so bad *gal* free styyyyle *sax* du-nu-nu-nunuhhh .....repeat guy's and gals part. The chorus is sung, while after it goes back to traditional "rap" as far as how the lyrics roll out. Rough huh? I'll never find my baby Weeping

Hmmmmm.... was it Arrested Development? I suspect something like them. Let me think a while and see what I can come up with :-)
[+] 1 user Likes Grassy Knoll's post
01-05-2013, 11:56 AM
I just finished a track.... so I've been listening to this for a few hrs!!!

dHobob

You need bass capable speakers to understand my music, at least good headphones. Laptop speakers are lame.

I Heart Qualia Soup
01-05-2013, 01:19 PM

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
01-05-2013, 05:10 PM
Let The Sunshine In... in French... one of the weirdest experiences I've had recently...

I was bawling my eyes out at that scene (and his face in particular)... while everyone else in the cinema was laughing Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
01-05-2013, 05:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGgLPriZUSA
02-05-2013, 11:32 AM
Wanna hear something Really scary? Wink This played to the scene where John Lithgow just couldn't STAND it. He just HAD to look out the plane's window. & at that moment, as a kid, I nearly crapped my pants. The whole selection is good, but around 4:31 turn it up, and the lights off. LOVE that scratchy violin!!!!!!!

02-05-2013, 01:39 PM

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
02-05-2013, 03:53 PM
What Are You Listening To?
Earworm: