What Are You Listening To?

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
11-02-2012, 09:47 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2012 10:17 PM by Grassy Knoll.)
RE: What Are You Listening To?
(11-02-2012 09:05 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  Listening to t00l

I dig t00l too!

Here's what I got go'n on atm

sadly, I can relate to the above Undecided

Here's my favorite of them

I'm just in a metal mood tonight

I just can't get enough... sorry

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Grassy Knoll's post
12-02-2012, 04:05 PM
I'm not religious, but music is something I'm passionately religious about. It's my wine and wafer, my holy confession, my handful of peyote. Most of my music should be classified as sacred and the rest should be just classified. It's interesting how much your favorite music tells about you.
(30-10-2011 09:37 AM)cufflink Wrote:  Even if you think you don't like classical music, you've got to see and hear this: Yuja Wang playing the (in)famous cadenza from Prokofiev's Second Piano Concerto, 1st movement.
I don't want to insult anyone, but I am fascinated how this can not sound to anyone like something they play to inmates at Guantanamo bay. My neocortex says, DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Here is my only steady representative of a classical music, the genius of piano & wistfulness, Dax Johnson. Subjects report this music makes them sad and depressed and wanting to die. Me too, but in a pleasant way!

There are three states of India I know. Sri Lanka, because it's an island. Rajastan, because gypsies came from there. And Goa, because it is the fatherland of Goa trance music.

Artists are like cheese, they get soft over time. And what happened when the above guy mellowed out? Some people call it hippie techno.
Just don't play it too loud or the police will search your apartment for drugs.

But I do sometimes have a shot at normality. This is still a step away from mainstream, but 0% depression and 0% acid + opium is rare in my collection.

Find all posts by this user
12-02-2012, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2012 07:39 PM by Azaraith.)
(11-02-2012 08:19 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  That last recording was the worst I have ever heard. I wish I could have understood what was going on.. I don't hate rap just bad recording.

Sorry... I didn't find any better versions last time (was searching on mobile, videos not available on mobile are hidden...). Here's a better one:

Better without God, and happier too.
13-02-2012, 09:06 AM
Right now listening to this:

Found out that I like some stuff by System of a Down though normally I would have not thought that I could like this style of music

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 4 users Like Leerob's post
13-02-2012, 09:14 AM
(11-02-2012 09:47 PM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  
(11-02-2012 09:05 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  Listening to t00l

I dig t00l too!

Here's what I got go'n on atm

sadly, I can relate to the above Undecided

Here's my favorite of them

I'm just in a metal mood tonight

I just can't get enough... sorry

Good choices. I like almost every kind of music. If it is not sampled and stolen from the real artist. If the music is played not a bunch of samples.
13-02-2012, 09:42 PM
(13-02-2012 09:14 AM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  Good choices. I like almost every kind of music. If it is not sampled and stolen from the real artist. If the music is played not a bunch of samples.

I definitely agree. I like all types too. I think back to when I was a kid at the music store and bought Black Sabbath, Dire Straits and a Motley Crue album (albums- that's how long ago it was). The guy asked me if they were being purchased as gifts, and I was like uh... no? I know I deserve ridicule for the Motley Crue album but I've sense grown out of those guys Blush

Are you a musician?
13-02-2012, 11:26 PM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2012 08:29 AM by Grassy Knoll.)
Here's a recent band I've become infatuated with.

Here Come The Mummies!! These guys are awesome Big Grin

I would love to see these guys live

[+] 1 user Likes Grassy Knoll's post
18-02-2012, 11:05 PM

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
18-02-2012, 11:06 PM
J. S. Bach

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
19-02-2012, 02:08 PM
(18-02-2012 11:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  J. S. Bach

Since Chas has got me thinking about fugues now.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus