What Are You Listening To?

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
26-07-2014, 11:59 PM
RE: What Are You Listening To?
J'écoute à le bande originale de Gankutsuou; j'ai reçu les discs de cet animé en édition spéciale hier soir - region 2, donc je dois les vois sur mon ordinateur... Hugo est toujours meilleur en français, neh?

Néanmoins, la musique...

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2014, 02:59 PM
Year of the Cat - Al Stewart

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 3 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
01-08-2014, 08:27 PM
Bowing God, I love this song Bowing

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like CindysRain's post
02-08-2014, 02:35 PM
(26-07-2014 11:59 PM)cjlr Wrote:  J'écoute à le bande originale de Gankutsuou; j'ai reçu les discs de cet animé en édition spéciale hier soir - region 2, donc je dois les vois sur mon ordinateur... Hugo est toujours meilleur en français, neh?

Néanmoins, la musique...

Je ne sais pa francias Sad mais, I remember watching that anime because my friend did a thesis comparing all the different media forms of Count of Monte Cristo he could find (I don't remember specifically other than we watched that anime together and it was a good watch though my eyes hurt after a while).

Anyways I'm partly ashamed that I'm listening to this because I sing the song here and realize what I'm singing and say "dear god I have shit taste in music after all. No wait but maybe?" Yet I have to keep listening to it because it's swing and swing is good. Plus one time I watched this it had a Garry's Mod/Source Film Maker video as the commercial so I have to keep going to this video to see if it happens again.

[Image: notagain.gif]
02-08-2014, 06:25 PM
(02-08-2014 02:35 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  

How has this video not been awarded an award for the most amazing thing ever created in the history of mankind Gasp

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
02-08-2014, 07:22 PM
Listening to a leaked copy of the new Opeth album, it's good to have family that works in radio. Yes

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
02-08-2014, 07:38 PM
(01-08-2014 08:27 PM)CindysRain Wrote:  Bowing God, I love this song Bowing

One of my favorites, was my ringtone for a time. Love this!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
02-08-2014, 08:00 PM
Long Black Veil - The Band

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
02-08-2014, 11:06 PM
Boy this one is gonna date me! No matter, I still love this song.

I'm close to 50% Cherokee, and I'm dedicating this song to an asshole who commented that "there is no better species of human than the White species". Censored Dodgy

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes CindysRain's post
03-08-2014, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2014 02:45 PM by Miss Suzanne.)
(02-08-2014 11:06 PM)CindysRain Wrote:  Boy this one is gonna date me! No matter, I still love this song.

I'm close to 50% Cherokee, and I'm dedicating this song to an asshole who commented that "there is no better species of human than the White species". Censored Dodgy

That's a good song! I heard it when my uncle shared his playlist with my family (just to be clear, I wasn't alive when that song was released). That was a few years ago and I still love it!

I'll admit that made me think of Indian Outlaw by Tim McGraw but after reading a whole semester of Sherman Alexie, an author that frequently writes about reservation life and is himself from the Spokane Indian Reservation up in Washington, this song got this other song stuck in my head. It's from a movie called Smoke Signals based off one/some of the stories in Alexie's book, The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven. Context is that Victor's dad who fled the reservation has died and he and Thomas are going to Arizona to get his ashes of his father and this happens somewhere along the way. And that song is in my head now!

Edit: Aw, the video clips off before the song. Here you go!

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Miss Suzanne's post