What Are You Listening To?

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
01-01-2015, 08:13 PM
RE: What Are You Listening To?
(01-01-2015 07:11 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 12:20 AM)gofish! Wrote:  Trust me friend, I understand. Denial is always the first reaction.

Take me: I was a diehard classical, jazz and prog rock afficianado. But I remember like it was yesterday, that fateful day when I finally realised that it doesn't get much better than when Johnny Cash sings "One Piece At A Time":

http://youtu.be/rWHniL8MyMM

As a metal fan, I must respectfully, and strongly disagree.

As this is the music section, I will just leave these here for your (probably lack of) enjoyment Drinking Beverage

-Lyrics-

-Lyrics-

These guys are from my hometown, and will always be one of my favorites:

-Lyrics-

-Lyrics-

-Lyrics-

-Lyrics-

...and my parent's personal favorite (ha):

-Lyrics-
--These guys got me so many "Jesus Loves You" talks, and it will only be getting worse Evil_monster

How can you say you're a metal fan and then have a Slipknot video in your selection?

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2015, 09:38 PM
(01-01-2015 08:13 PM)gofish! Wrote:  How can you say you're a metal fan and then have a Slipknot video in your selection?
How's the 8th grade going, m8?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
01-01-2015, 10:03 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2015 10:06 PM by Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue.)
New Biting Elbows single!

[video= youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5xIFMTkWLY[/video]

Edit: They lied to me. They're lying, liars who lie.

(01-01-2015 12:11 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(31-12-2014 11:48 PM)gofish! Wrote:  Because as we all know, there are only two types of music...

Country...

...and Western.

Smile

Lies...

...and slander.

You shall not defame a perfectly good Blues Brothers reference.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 1 user Likes Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
01-01-2015, 10:15 PM
(01-01-2015 08:13 PM)gofish! Wrote:  How can you say you're a metal fan and then have a Slipknot video in your selection?

Not sure if hating, trolling or being stupid Consider

Atir aissom atir imon
01-01-2015, 11:28 PM
(01-01-2015 10:03 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  New Biting Elbows single!

[video= youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5xIFMTkWLY[/video]

Edit: They lied to me. They're lying, liars who lie.

(01-01-2015 12:11 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Lies...

...and slander.

You shall not defame a perfectly good Blues Brothers reference.

Replacing it with another song by the same band:

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
02-01-2015, 02:43 AM
(01-01-2015 10:15 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  

Not sure if hating, trolling or being stupid Consider

Aha...no sense of humour then? Smile

Nope, I'm being a purist. And my metal kung fu is strong. Concerts I've seen include:

1. Motorhead ("Ace of Spades" tour).
2. Black Sabbath ("Never Say Die" and "Heaven and Hell" tours).
3. Some little beat combo that used to play in a pub down the Romford Road, east London, before they became mega famous (yes, in that pub and if you know your metal, you know of whom I speak)

Don't get me wrong, I actually like Slipknot and play a couple of their numbers (Duality and Psychosocial) but they are the modern day Kiss: a show band.

Nope, give me Meshuggah anyday....

Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
02-01-2015, 03:04 AM

Holy shit, I just got Rick Rolled and actually kinda liked it...is something wrong with me?

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
02-01-2015, 03:13 AM
(02-01-2015 03:04 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Holy shit, I just got Rick Rolled and actually kinda liked it...is something wrong with me?

Yes.

Strange question....

Me.
02-01-2015, 03:27 AM
(02-01-2015 02:43 AM)gofish! Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 10:15 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Not sure if hating, trolling or being stupid Consider

Aha...no sense of humour then? Smile

Nope, I'm being a purist. And my metal kung fu is strong. Concerts I've seen include:

1. Motorhead ("Ace of Spades" tour).
2. Black Sabbath ("Never Say Die" and "Heaven and Hell" tours).
3. Some little beat combo that used to play in a pub down the Romford Road, east London, before they became mega famous (yes, in that pub and if you know your metal, you know of whom I speak)

Don't get me wrong, I actually like Slipknot and play a couple of their numbers (Duality and Psychosocial) but they are the modern day Kiss: a show band.

Nope, give me Meshuggah anyday....

I can't even tell you all the bands I have seen live. I am more new generation metal (90's+), but I do have an appreciation for old school. I'm more considered a "metalcore" follower I believe, but it's hard to to keep up with all these fucking metal labels. Every artist I put in that music video list is one of my favorites (minus a few), I just like to throw in Slipknot for the shock factor, like Marilyn Manson (believe he's Industrial metal). Some of my favorites that I have actually seen live were:

Killswitch Engage (Adam Dutkiewicz is fucking hilarious)
As I lay Dying (before Tim Lambesis was arrested)
Of Mice & Men (before Restoring Force)
The Ghost Inside (this)
Within the Ruins
Architects
Parkway Drive
Stick to Your Guns
Obey the Brave
Texas in July
Sangre (for epic tortilla battle)

...and I know I'm missing a few, but that is all I can think of off the top of my head.

Yeah Slipknot has become that, but honestly I prefer their older stuff off of Iowa and some Vol 3. I just put the Psychosocial video because it's their most infamous song besides People=Shit.

Atir aissom atir imon
02-01-2015, 03:27 AM
(02-01-2015 03:13 AM)gofish! Wrote:  
(02-01-2015 03:04 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Holy shit, I just got Rick Rolled and actually kinda liked it...is something wrong with me?

Yes.

Strange question....

Did you watch the video? It's not the original song haha

Atir aissom atir imon