What Are You Listening To?

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
10-08-2015, 07:27 AM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2015 08:20 AM by Banjo.)
RE: What Are You Listening To?
You may remember him from The life aquatic. Seu Jorge.

I would love this gig, either on percussion or drums.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
10-08-2015, 08:49 AM
The Chainsmokers - Roses ft. ROZES

Love this song, my new fav. Dat beat.. so so good.
10-08-2015, 08:52 AM
The Doors - Love Her Madly

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 3 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
10-08-2015, 07:04 PM
Eliane Elias. I've been a fan since her days in Steps many years ago. She always swings hard with a samba feel.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
11-08-2015, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2015 04:13 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)

From Lola Montez (top video), a great lyric, taken from a newspaper article written about her, at the time:

"Her performance utterly erotic
Subversive to all ideas
And for public morality"

From the Wikipedia article: Historian Michael Cannon claims that "In September 1855 she performed her erotic Spider Dance at the Theatre Royal in Melbourne, raising her skirts so high that the audience could see she wore no underclothing at all. Next day, the Argus thundered that her performance was 'utterly subversive to all ideas of public morality'.

What I wouldn't give to have that on my tombstone: "He was subversive to all ideas."\

Tribute to a couple of awesome ladies of history!

Edit to Add: I own this album, Outlaw Gentlemen and Shady Ladies, a tribute to the American Old West by Danish rock band Volbeat; it's one of my favorites I've ever purchased. I highly recommend that if you don't own it, you check it out... the artwork in the CD case makes it worth purchasing, if you even remotely like the music.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
11-08-2015, 06:27 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2015 06:56 PM by Banjo.)
Fjieri. An Italian Progressive rock band I ran across. They used the incredible drummer, Gavin Harrison, of Porcupine Tree fame on the drum tracks. IMO the very best drummer in Prog since Bill Bruford retired. Great feel, chops, subtlety, dynamics. Always a pleasure to listen to him. The band is good too. Smile

Banjo.
11-08-2015, 06:29 PM
(11-08-2015 06:27 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Fjieri. An Italian Progressive rock band I ran across. They used the incredible drummer, Gavin Harrison, of Porcupine Tree fame on the drum tracks. IMO the very best drummer in Prog since Bill Bruford retired. Great feel, chops, subtlety, dynamics. Always a pleasure to listen to him. The band is good too. Smile

I love all the music you posted. You're introducing me to music I've never heard of before. Very cool! Thumbsup

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
11-08-2015, 07:17 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2015 07:21 PM by Banjo.)
(11-08-2015 06:29 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I love all the music you posted. You're introducing me to music I've never heard of before. Very cool! Thumbsup

I am glad you are enjoying the music. My favourite music is music I have yet to hear, so I go through music very quickly. Plus I am always searching for more percussion. For example I can play all these percussion instruments. And just booked a lesson for two hours this Sunday teaching percussion. Smile

I listen to music from all over the world. Even Mongolia. I should post some really different stuff.

Pamela Rodriguez from Peru.

Banjo.
11-08-2015, 09:08 PM
Though mostly for the video itself, not the music though the music is pretty good lol
OK Go make some good music and weird videos.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
11-08-2015, 09:47 PM
JDog - that's one of my favorite videos, ever. Good song, too. Didn't like their follow-on stuff as much. *shrug*

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post