What Are You Listening To?

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
07-10-2015, 01:39 PM
RE: What Are You Listening To?
Allaman Brothers - Sweet Melissa

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
07-10-2015, 01:45 PM
(07-10-2015 01:39 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Allaman Brothers - Sweet Melissa

One of my favorite songs ever! Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
07-10-2015, 02:35 PM
Grateful Dead - Franklins Tower

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
07-10-2015, 04:17 PM

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
08-10-2015, 09:38 AM
10 CC - The Things We Do For Love

David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
08-10-2015, 02:14 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2015 02:19 PM by Unbeliever.)
Clutch - "X-Ray Visions"

The preview track from their upcoming album Psychic Warfare. If the rest of the set is anything like this level of awesome, it may end up as another of my favorites.

Criminally unknown band, by the way. If you've never heard of them before, do yourself a favor and pick up their albums. Their earlier stuff is markedly rough, since they were still finding their own personal style, but everything after Pure Rock Fury is pretty much pure gold. Earth Rocker, their latest, sits pretty high up on my list of all-time favorites. Neil Fallon's vocals take some getting used to - he's been described as the "crazy southern street preacher" of rock, and it's not a bad way of putting it, really, since his vocals are so rough and fiery, with overtones of blues - which turns some people away without hearing much, but I highly encourage listening to more than a few songs.

Neil is unusual in his vocal style, but he's very, very good at what he does, and the rest of the band are all actually some of the best instrumentalists I've heard in a long time. Tim Sult is excellent on lead, but the heart of the band is really in its bassist and drummer, Dan Maines and Jean-Paul Gaster. Together, they're one of the best backlines for any band I've ever heard. In the words of another music critic, they give the band an irresistible power that "kicks like a mule on steroids". You just can't not rock out to this shit. It's awesome.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
08-10-2015, 02:59 PM
(08-10-2015 02:14 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Clutch - "X-Ray Visions"

The preview track from their upcoming album Psychic Warfare. If the rest of the set is anything like this level of awesome, it may end up as another of my favorites.

Criminally unknown band, by the way. If you've never heard of them before, do yourself a favor and pick up their albums. Their earlier stuff is markedly rough, since they were still finding their own personal style, but everything after Pure Rock Fury is pretty much pure gold. Earth Rocker, their latest, sits pretty high up on my list of all-time favorites. Neil Fallon's vocals take some getting used to - he's been described as the "crazy southern street preacher" of rock, and it's not a bad way of putting it, really, since his vocals are so rough and fiery, with overtones of blues - which turns some people away without hearing much, but I highly encourage listening to more than a few songs.

Neil is unusual in his vocal style, but he's very, very good at what he does, and the rest of the band are all actually some of the best instrumentalists I've heard in a long time. Tim Sult is excellent on lead, but the heart of the band is really in its bassist and drummer, Dan Maines and Jean-Paul Gaster. Together, they're one of the best backlines for any band I've ever heard. In the words of another music critic, they give the band an irresistible power that "kicks like a mule on steroids". You just can't not rock out to this shit. It's awesome.

Clutch = badass

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
08-10-2015, 03:56 PM

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
09-10-2015, 12:20 AM
(08-10-2015 03:56 PM)cactus Wrote:  

So strange, they later joined Yes and made Drama.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
09-10-2015, 01:37 AM
I am listening to a lot of things. Mainly I have been charting a set of songs for a band I joined. Sadly I have no access to most of my percussion including my three congas. So vital when playing modern pop/funk music. I am having to do with a lot of bongos!

Anyway, here are some things I have listened to lately. Recently I got back into Zero 7 and had no idea singer Sia had become so famous. So I have been checking her out. I would have liked to have had this gig, but of course had no idea about the gig. Happily as I was teaching 7 days a week for Billy Hydes (Famous Australian drum store now sadly gone) at the time.

This is very mellow.

Another mellow tune. Mainly listened to this to hear the percussionists approach. I have the DVD somewhere. This is a good version of this tune. Mellow again. Basically the band I am playing with now is pretty mellow. Not having access (The guy with my percussion is in working Thailand) has limited me somewhat.

Just a basic conga duo, but I like the groove.

This is a lovely drum played very well. I have two. I was getting heavily into it when I fell ill. Now I am like a beginner again. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.