What Are You Listening To?

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
11-11-2012, 05:26 PM
RE: What Are You Listening To?
(11-11-2012 05:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-11-2012 05:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And you accuse me of being unrealistic. Tongue Surely you remember that when that song was written we were still being conscripted to serve.
Yes, I remember. I was 1-A and my older brother was in Viet Nam. Still doesn't change the message.

If everyone said "Hell, no, we won't go!" there would be no armies.

Okay, this is turning into a rather interesting discussion that Vera has inadvertently started but it clearly doesn't belong here in the "What are you Listening To?" thread. Split this off into the Politics thread, Hellbound. Or better yet get one of your minions to do it 'cause I don't think I trust your technical skills. Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
11-11-2012, 05:34 PM
(11-11-2012 05:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Okay, this is turning into a rather interesting discussion that Vera has inadvertently started but it clearly doesn't belong here in the "What are you Listening To?" thread. Split this off into the Politics thread, Hellbound. Or better yet get one of your minions to do it 'cause I don't think I trust your technical skills. Big Grin
No need on my part at least. That's the subject I usually steer clear of. Don't need the aggravation. esp. right now.

Here's a beautiful (but with rather gruesome lyrics) Icelandic lullaby, 'cause I'm off to bed (got it right this timeWink)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-11-2012, 05:37 PM
(11-11-2012 05:34 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(11-11-2012 05:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Okay, this is turning into a rather interesting discussion that Vera has inadvertently started but it clearly doesn't belong here in the "What are you Listening To?" thread. Split this off into the Politics thread, Hellbound. Or better yet get one of your minions to do it 'cause I don't think I trust your technical skills. Big Grin
No need on my part at least. That's the subject I usually steer clear of. Don't need the aggravation. esp. right now.

Here's a beautiful (but with rather gruesome lyrics) Icelandic lullaby, 'cause I'm off to bed (got it right this timeWink)

No worries, Chas and I can pick up the banner. It is an interesting discussion you've started in the most improbable of threads. Thumbsup

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
12-11-2012, 03:42 AM
(11-11-2012 05:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  No worries, Chas and I can pick up the banner. It is an interesting discussion you've started in the most improbable of threads. Thumbsup
I'll be the first to admit I'm all over the place, however, I did have help from you guys (in starting the discussionWink).

In keeping with my previous post, here is what I have used as my alarm tune for years now (on the rare occasions when I do need an alarm, thank god for working from home!) Mine is just instrumental and it's a lovely piece to wake up to, but I also love the sound of Icelandic in the second one Yes

12-11-2012, 02:42 PM
It was 11,11 (remembrance/poppy day) yesterday. In the UK we have the motto "Lest we forget".... yet my goverment unfortunately says it whilst still waging/supporting war in whatever guises or personal beliefs you may have as to why and how.

In the UK returning soldiers get minimal support by the goverment..... long term after care is mainly done by a charity, these guys http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

"Lest we forget"

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
12-11-2012, 04:22 PM
(12-11-2012 02:42 PM)bemore Wrote:  

(the clip looks rather funny today, but...)
And look what got played on my last.fm station:
Gets a bit shouty (for my tastes) at times, but still:

12-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Layla - Eric Clapton

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
13-11-2012, 12:32 AM

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
13-11-2012, 08:43 AM
This is a dark chilled mix by some true legends for those with electronica tastes/appreciation.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
13-11-2012, 10:27 AM
Great music to chill out to when having a coffee... I can't help but think coffee bartista's know this music style by heart.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]