What Are Your Holiday Plans?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2015, 07:19 PM
RE: What Are Your Holiday Plans?
Movie (Star Wars) and probably chinese food.

Looking forward to it.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
20-12-2015, 07:42 PM
I really need to finish my shopping. Last week was awful for it. I know this week won't be any easier.

I still need to buy a few things for just about everyone. But I really need distraction free shopping time, which I get little of.

I need to buy a few things for my mother in law...her birthday in January is going to fuck me in the butt again. The past couple years I've gotten her gift cards, but honestly I'm afraid that one day I'll find a drawer full of them.

I need to find the tortellini I need for Christmas Eve/day that I'll serve beside the ham.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-12-2015, 08:01 PM
Get all four of my son's college applications submitted, including the art portfolio slides. Once this happens, I can relax for a few days.

Finish buying and wrapping presents. Finish decorating the tree--more ornaments for the cat to attack.

Open one present on Christmas Eve, the rest on Christmas day, maybe go see a movie together on Christmas.

Travel to Maryland for a stress-filled visit with my relatives, then back home for New Year's.

New Year's brunch with friends, then on January 2 the craziness starts again.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
20-12-2015, 09:55 PM
(20-12-2015 08:01 PM)julep Wrote:  Get all four of my son's college applications submitted, including the art portfolio slides. Once this happens, I can relax for a few days.

Finish buying and wrapping presents. Finish decorating the tree--more ornaments for the cat to attack.

Open one present on Christmas Eve, the rest on Christmas day, maybe go see a movie together on Christmas.

Travel to Maryland for a stress-filled visit with my relatives, then back home for New Year's.

Gasp Put that boy to work! Does he want a decent job or not?!?
20-12-2015, 10:01 PM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2015 10:05 PM by Fireball.)
We're packing up my son's and his wife's crap left they in my MIL's house after they left when he joined the USAF. We're cleaning it up to rent, as she (MIL) lives with us, now. I can't believe how many boxes of crap they left. The moving company would have packed anything they pointed at! Dodgy Talk about taking advantage.

We'll sit around and have turkey and some trimmings (not a big deal at our place, and despite the MIL and wife being Catholic, we won't be doing the church scene). Open a few presents, I'm sure. I ordered my presents from the wife online yesterday. I'll get her an ornament and some stocking stuffers. We've got enough stuff, already. We're not even putting up the (fake) tree! YAY!
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
21-12-2015, 05:09 AM
(20-12-2015 09:55 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(20-12-2015 08:01 PM)julep Wrote:  Get all four of my son's college applications submitted, including the art portfolio slides. Once this happens, I can relax for a few days.

Gasp Put that boy to work! Does he want a decent job or not?!?

We're doing the forms parts of them together (he's autistic and needs extra help). He's doing his share.

He is doing all the work of assembling his portfolio for art and practicing for his music auditions. He is planning on double majoring in graphic design and music performance. As well as writing all his essays and personal statements, etc.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
21-12-2015, 06:26 AM
We're hanging around with both of our families for Christmas. I have no idea what's specifically on the menu aside from "lots of food".

New Year's Eve is really the day I look forward to, anyway. For around 40 years, my aunt has hosted a taco party on New Year's Eve. So, as far as I'm concerned, Taco Day runs from around 6:00 PM to 8:00 on the 31st, and New Year's Eve starts right after. Taco Day is my favorite day of the year, right behind Thanksgiving.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
21-12-2015, 06:37 AM
This year for Saturnalia, we'll be out in the garage drinking Kickstart and vodka, working on Saturns. (What else would one do on Saturnalia??)

I've got an 97 SL2 on the lift right now, that I'm pulling the driveline to fix the broken engine cradle - then re-installing it.

When I get that done - I'll be pulling the driveline on a 96 SC2 and putting in a fresh rebuilt engine and engine cradle.

Such fun, eh???

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
21-12-2015, 10:01 AM
For the sake of tidiness...

Christmas Plans 15 posts.

New Year Plans 47 posts

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
21-12-2015, 10:16 AM
(21-12-2015 05:09 AM)julep Wrote:  
(20-12-2015 09:55 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Gasp Put that boy to work! Does he want a decent job or not?!?

We're doing the forms parts of them together (he's autistic and needs extra help). He's doing his share.

He is doing all the work of assembling his portfolio for art and practicing for his music auditions. He is planning on double majoring in graphic design and music performance. As well as writing all his essays and personal statements, etc.

ooops- just a little projection on my part. My wife tried to do most of the college applications for my sons instead of letting them do it on their own.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post