What Are Your Thinking On Abortion ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-01-2010, 01:31 AM

What Are Your Thinking On Abortion ?
Give me your opinions on abortion, the reason why I am asking 4 your views and I know abortion is totally wrong in Islam and in many other cultures I am doing a survey and what different people's view that even includes men.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes gerrydevis's post
11-01-2010, 10:02 AM

RE: What Are Your Thinking On Abortion ?
when it comes down to it, all discussions about abortion boil down to the same thing: who has more rights, the mother or the child. F. ex. if a pregnant woman is dying due to her pregnancy but the child hasn't yet become developed enough to live on it's own outside the womb, do you save the child or the mother? I personally side with the mother and i think that it should be up to them whether they want to keep it or not.
11-01-2010, 03:52 PM

Abortion here is still illegal. There's some activist groups fighting for it to be legal. They claim that women should have the power to decide over their own bodies. The reason it would be extremely hard for it to be legal here is that the incredible majority is against it. But the people who are against it argument that abortion costs "a human life" and that people should not have the power to decide over a human life. The Catholic church (with immense influence on people here) does their job as well, with campaigns and stuff.

I stand on the side in favour. I also believe that women should have the power to decide over their bodies and besides, the legalization of it would cause the number of women who die performing illegal abortions to drop.
11-01-2010, 06:28 PM

Rainbow RE: What Are Your Thinking On Abortion ?
I believe that human lie starts at meiosis, but I am pro-choice. I believe that women have a right to their body, and nobody should ever be forced to have a child.
I am not pro-life, I am not pro-death, I am pro-responsibility
11-01-2010, 06:57 PM

(11-01-2010 06:28 PM)Mina_the_sinner Wrote:  I believe that human lie starts at meiosis

This brought to my mind a part of one of George Carlin's acts where he explains his points of view on abortion and gives a quite reasonable explanation of why he doesn't believe human life starts at fertilization:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvF1Q3UidWM
11-01-2010, 10:11 PM

(11-01-2010 06:57 PM)Nahuel Wrote:  
(11-01-2010 06:28 PM)Mina_the_sinner Wrote:  I believe that human lie starts at meiosis

This brought to my mind a part of one of George Carlin's acts where he explains his points of view on abortion and gives a quite reasonable explanation of why he doesn't believe human life starts at fertilization:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvF1Q3UidWM

I have no objections to abortion, I just don't like how peoples' definitions of what "life" are askew. Life as a cell or life as a person is all the same to me, and I have no moral objections of ending either.
I support abortion, and I also support the death sentance
11-01-2010, 11:53 PM

The main thing is the value people place on the life, And when they apply the full applicable value to it. This applies to people as much as the animals we deal with. Some place no value on the life itself, instead placing the value on what the life provides for those around it. A life that provides nothing, or worse detracts from the lives of those around it has very little. A Life that that provides and enhances the world of the lives around it has a much greater value. Sometimes in death a life has a greater value. Such as cattle, who by and large are considered more valuable as food than as companions.

Religion skews this scale. Those that support the religion tend to move higher up in Value than those that don't regardless of what actual benefit the life produces. The Number of Supporters becomes more important than the quality.
15-01-2010, 10:58 AM

So many factor's come to mind for me. But long story short, if someone goes through with it because of incest, then also the man should have ALL his private parts removed if he is not put to death. Makes me sick. One christian told me she still would not be in favor of abortion even if it was incest because that child may grow up to be a important figure in the world.

Anyway, for the most part I am prochoice for the woman, and when ever possible, have the child and give it to a family in desperate need to start a family...........good things have happened this way.
16-01-2010, 09:38 AM

(15-01-2010 10:58 AM)TeamDarwin1809 Wrote:  So many factor's come to mind for me. But long story short, if someone goes through with it because of incest, then also the man should have ALL his private parts removed if he is not put to death. Makes me sick. One christian told me she still would not be in favor of abortion even if it was incest because that child may grow up to be a important figure in the world.

Anyway, for the most part I am prochoice for the woman, and when ever possible, have the child and give it to a family in desperate need to start a family...........good things have happened this way.

call me sick but incest doesn't bother me.
animal cruelty makes me cry though :'(
26-01-2010, 08:46 PM

Keep it safe and legal. There is no law of "god" or nature that guaranties that all creatures ever conceived will be born or should be born. The universe doesn't work like that.
Abortion is another valuable tool developed and used by humankind for a variety of legitimate reasons, not the least of which is to help a woman or couple have greater control over the growth and development of their own individual family. This helps create a healthier and better managed society.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Question for anti-abortion atheists Hierophant 143 4,534 23-05-2014 07:33 AM
Last Post: Walter
  What is Your Thinking On Abortion ? chandlerklebs 189 2,005 09-04-2014 02:10 PM
Last Post: WitchSabrina
  Abortion, choice or murder? trogit 263 4,591 19-02-2014 09:49 PM
Last Post: WindyCityJazz
  Abortion. two decisions, which is worse? Adrianime 23 579 12-02-2014 02:07 AM
Last Post: Dee
  Spain: Controversy arround proposed anti abortion bill The Germans are coming 8 211 31-01-2014 03:53 PM
Last Post: Marozz
  must teach teens abortion risk factor for pre-term birth Bows and Arrows 11 660 03-07-2013 08:46 PM
Last Post: Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver
  "Watch Abortion Supporters Chant 'Hail Satan'." UndercoverAtheist 3 361 03-07-2013 02:58 PM
Last Post: ELK12695