What Books/Comics/Magazines Have You Bought Lately?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2014, 10:26 AM
RE: What Books/Comics/Magazines Have You Bought Lately?
(07-02-2014 11:35 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(07-02-2014 09:55 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Yeah maybe. I don't really know. I just open my kindle and download the book I want. I don't really pay any mind to the price...

Friggin rich people and their fancy "books". Geez!

Wink
Lol. That did come off as a little arrogant. I tend to be arrogant. It's one of my many shortcomings.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
10-02-2014, 09:44 PM
[Image: 61pYvf-9WHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg] [Image: 61hF1JLvsQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg] [Image: 51HylwBIIxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg] [Image: 51v2SKROVxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg] [Image: 51LGP9dNkAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg] [Image: 51BbVm4L0oL._SL500_AA300_.jpg] [Image: 617xoB-puRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg] [Image: 51UGVs6Tt4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

[Image: MegahentaiSignature_zps7c4b73b2.jpg]
10-02-2014, 11:26 PM
Well...
The White Paper (aka Scotland's Future) published by Scotland's devolved government. A document that will become a mandate to empower the current First Minister to demand Scotland attain full independence as a country and launch my country FAR from the tyranny of London this September following .

I also recently downloaded Phaedrus by Plato does that count?

The last book I physically bought was a 200 year old copy of Metaphysics by Aristotle. It cost me £1.50 (roughly 80c in US currency if im not mistaken) I found it in a church charity fundraiser sale. ...I think it come from a local university as it had the name of a profession on the inside. I gave it away to a friend who was also interested in classical/ancient philosophy Wink ...and I have another newer copy so I'm not really losing the book as such.

The only magazines I buy are music production/technology monthlys.
Before that I bought Poetics by Aristotle - which was a right laugh, but also a pretty good read. ..and of course Republic by Plato/Socrates.
11-02-2014, 04:37 PM
What Books/Comics/Magazines Have You Bought Lately?
(10-02-2014 11:26 PM)Beat Scientist Wrote:  It cost me £1.50 (roughly 80c in US currency if im not mistaken)

I think you may have the exchange rate the wrong way round. It comes to USD$2.47 at current rates.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
02-03-2014, 03:41 AM
[Image: 51HUFjrWrAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg] [Image: 41IKKjoWtFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

Considering how very, very much I loved Strangers in Paradise, it's weird that I've taken so long to get around to Rachel Rising. I'll need to pick up the other two TPBs next time I'm at the shop where I got the first.

02-03-2014, 01:24 PM
I buy "Scientific American" whenever it looks interesting. "Muscle & Fitness" and "Revolver" every month. "Sports Illustrated: Swimsuit Edition" every year, of course.

As for books, I'm about to order "A Manual For Creating Atheists", "The Satanic Bible", "Choke" and "Why We Get Sick: The new science of Darwinian medicine" from Amazon.

Never been into comics, personally.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-03-2014, 01:31 PM
AC Grayling's Towards The Light and The Good Book
Peter Boghossian's A Manual For Creating Atheists

It occurs to me (and I hadn't realised this before) that I have never bought a comic or a magazine for myself. And over 10 years since I bought a newspaper!

Ohmy

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
02-03-2014, 08:09 PM
[Image: 51%2B70nputML._SL500_AA300_.jpg] [Image: 61q%2BILyEc3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg] [Image: 41zH4zTSvnL.jpg]

Well, I did say I was going to.

04-03-2014, 10:38 AM
I got Batman Incorporate volumes 1 and 2 recently and enjoyed them both.
11-03-2014, 05:57 AM
I've just downloaded "Proving History: Bayes's Theorem and the Quest for the Historical Jesus" by Richard Carrier on to my Kindle.

In hardback, I have just brought a second hand copy of "No One Left to Lie to: The Triangulations of William Jefferson Clinton" by Christopher Hitchens. This is mainly because I like to read anything by Hitch as I seem to have developed a slight crush on him and I can hear his voice when I'm reading his words. I also have "God is not Great" on audiobook and listen to him on the way to work. Heart It makes me sad that he won't be writing anymore Sadcryface

Unfortunately I have a habit of starting books but often get distracted by another before I finish so often have many half read books that I really should get back to. "A Universe from Nothing" by Lawrence Krauss being one of them.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens
[+] 1 user Likes Eva's post