What Color Are Your Eyes?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2015, 01:33 PM (This post was last modified: 24-09-2015 01:36 PM by Fireball.)
RE: What Color Are Your Eyes?
(24-09-2015 09:27 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(24-09-2015 09:19 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Okay you definitely need to post an eye pic now Tongue

[Image: evyfpAl.jpg]

Edit: got a better pic

Interesting! All three of my sons had pale blue sclera when born. I haven't looked lately to see if that has changed. My sclera are not quite white anymore, having lived in a lot of hostile atmospheres (engine rooms on US Navy ships and auto and diesel exhaust fumes for years as a mechanic, after that).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
24-09-2015, 01:44 PM
(24-09-2015 09:49 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Here's a fun little website on the science of eye color and genetics. It's kind of cartoony but still has some nice information.

Green is the rarest eye color but judging from TTA members, there's lots of green eyed people here. The green eyed monster strikes again. Evil_monster (well, this smiley is a red eyed monster but you get my drift)

http://themindunleashed.org/2014/11/scie...s-lot.html

I like that site, thanks for posting the link. I bookmarked it for further study. Now that I'm retired, I have a lot more time to learn a few things.
24-09-2015, 01:44 PM
(24-09-2015 01:33 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(24-09-2015 09:27 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  [Image: evyfpAl.jpg]

Interesting! All three of my sons had pale blue sclera when born. I haven't looked lately to see if that has changed. My sclera are not quite white anymore, having lived in a lot of hostile atmospheres (engine rooms on US Navy ships and auto and diesel exhaust fumes for years as a mechanic, after that).

My sclera are often red. Tongue

Mostly due to allergies and sleep deprivation. Speaking of, I'm gonna go put on another pot of tea.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
24-09-2015, 01:52 PM
(24-09-2015 01:44 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(24-09-2015 01:33 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Interesting! All three of my sons had pale blue sclera when born. I haven't looked lately to see if that has changed. My sclera are not quite white anymore, having lived in a lot of hostile atmospheres (engine rooms on US Navy ships and auto and diesel exhaust fumes for years as a mechanic, after that).

Mostly due to allergies and sleep deprivation. Speaking of, I'm gonna go put on another pot of tea.

Allergies!! Yes, Nurse. My sclera is always red from so many allergies I have to almost everything. I've been taking allergy shots for the last month and a half. Next week they're going to teach me how self inject. Hopefully sometime in the future my allergies will subside and the redness in my eyes will go away.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
24-09-2015, 01:53 PM
(24-09-2015 01:44 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(24-09-2015 01:33 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Interesting! All three of my sons had pale blue sclera when born. I haven't looked lately to see if that has changed. My sclera are not quite white anymore, having lived in a lot of hostile atmospheres (engine rooms on US Navy ships and auto and diesel exhaust fumes for years as a mechanic, after that).

It's funny, when I cry or get really high, my sclera start to look purple. Big Grin

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
24-09-2015, 02:01 PM
(24-09-2015 01:33 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(24-09-2015 09:27 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  [Image: evyfpAl.jpg]

Are your sons unusually flexible, like ridiculously so? If I weren't fat, I could be a contortionist.

What's really fun is that most martial arts holds don't work on me. I had an Aikido instructor think she had hurt be because she twisted my arm so far. I twisted it even further and got out of her "unbreakable hold". Laugh out load

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
24-09-2015, 02:01 PM
(24-09-2015 10:34 AM)Losty Wrote:  These are Miss P's eyes, my favorite eye color.
[Image: OX0C2lS.jpg]

Your little Miss P. and I have almost the same eye-color. She's adorable, btw.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
24-09-2015, 04:59 PM
(24-09-2015 02:01 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  

Are your sons unusually flexible, like ridiculously so? If I weren't fat, I could be a contortionist.

What's really fun is that most martial arts holds don't work on me. I had an Aikido instructor think she had hurt be because she twisted my arm so far. I twisted it even further and got out of her "unbreakable hold". Laugh out load

Now that you mention it, I think that one son does have a fair amount of ability to hyperextend some joints. I'll check that out. Do you have a link to some info on this? TIA
24-09-2015, 05:08 PM
(24-09-2015 04:59 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(24-09-2015 02:01 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Are your sons unusually flexible, like ridiculously so? If I weren't fat, I could be a contortionist.

Now that you mention it, I think that one son does have a fair amount of ability to hyperextend some joints. I'll check that out. Do you have a link to some info on this? TIA

I can't remember what I have that causes it. I was diagnosed with a child with a minor version, nothing to really worry about. There are a few genetic disorders that cause blue sclera.

Blue Sclera

There's a lot of scary info when looking up those disorders, so try not to freak out.

24-09-2015, 05:20 PM
Hazel, I just checked.
Have you guys ever watched your own eyes dilate and constrict close-up in a mirror. It's like watching a little moving sea creature behind your cornea. It's totally awesome.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post