What Criteria Is Used To Rate Participants In This Forum ?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
26-12-2011, 12:15 PM
What Criteria Is Used To Rate Participants In This Forum ?
What Criteria Is Used To rate Participants of This Forum ?

It strikes me that the management of this forum applies some 'mysterious " unscientific criteria to rate people in this forum , paving the way for the unnecessary stigmatization of some people here while making a distinction between them & others here with "higher " rates : silly really

Reminds me of that silly IQ test that pretends to measure the intelligence of people while intelligence is a broader concept , while there are actually many sorts of intelligence : it's like pretending to define or capture beauty via measuring the sizes or forms of noses , cheeks , hips , heads , faces.....

Reminds me also of that not so old "scientific " approach of intelligence via measuring the size of skulls ...or heads : the bigger the heads , the higher the intelligence haha

What do you think of this silly unscientific rating of people here , guys ?

Thanks , appreciate indeed
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-12-2011, 12:37 PM
RE: What Criteria Is Used To Rate Participants In This Forum ?
(26-12-2011 12:15 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  What Criteria Is Used To rate Participants of This Forum ?

It strikes me that the management of this forum applies some 'mysterious " unscientific criteria to rate people in this forum , paving the way for the unnecessary stigmatization of some people here while making a distinction between them & others here with "higher " rates : silly really

Reminds me of that silly IQ test that pretends to measure the intelligence of people while intelligence is a broader concept , while there are actually many sorts of intelligence : it's like pretending to define or capture beauty via measuring the sizes or forms of noses , cheeks , hips , heads , faces.....

Reminds me also of that not so old "scientific " approach of intelligence via measuring the size of skulls ...or heads : the bigger the heads , the higher the intelligence haha

What do you think of this silly unscientific rating of people here , guys ?

Thanks , appreciate indeed

The rating system is a very simple rating system. Yes all of us want to be logical and rational. You have to face the facts though. We are just people and we have many flaws. It's like anything else in society. There are a handful of people that have come to know each other and like the other's posts and skip over posts that were equally good. It's just the normal everyday system in place. I see people with a rating of 10-20 and half of the time I can't understand a damn thing they say nor do I care too. I see your rating is red. Who gives a shit, I have a rating of 2.

The reason you have red is someone didn't like what you said. Nothing scientific about it lol. People put ratings for various reasons. I would not concern myself over such petty things. Sure I love to see someone liked what I said but I am not going to worry about it. Usually I see a post that is directly under mine and it has 4-6 likes and mine has zero. I chalk that up to this person likes this person better anyway because they have known them longer. Nothing about that is logical or rational or scientific in any way. Just how it is lmao. Unfortunately it's more like the good ole boy system. That will never go away especially when you consider the age group on here. Smile

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Clint Barnett's post
26-12-2011, 12:59 PM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2011 01:19 PM by AbdelZ.)
26-12-2011, 01:25 PM
Holy Jumping Jesus Christ in a Cartoon. Another Rep complaint thread.

There is no "scientific method" to determining the Rep. There is also no need to consider a person's background or achievements. It doesn't matter if you're a quantum physicist or a Nobel Prize winner, you still may be a dumbass when it comes to conveying opinion in a civilized and coherent manner. The only background we need to consider starts on the day you register for this forum and consists of the content of your posts. The Rep system is designed solely to designation which posters make frequent contributing posts or are just liked by a lot of people.

There is no segregation or discrimination. The 20+ Rep guys don't eat at a separate lunch table than the rest of the members. And there is no management/rep conspiracy. We were normal members, got Rep, then someone decided we were awesome enough to be management.

Look at it this way. If there were no Rep, then I might accidentally stumble across one of your posts and not realize that you were a crazy jihadist until I was halfway through your post. This way, the poster knows right off the bat what kind of person you are.

And no it's not like the Nazis making the Jews be identified, it's a system of public opinion. You might as well say that it should be illegal to have preconceptions of people in life. "I know you heard that he rapes babies, but let's pretend he doesn't and greet him with a blank slate."

P.S. I did well on that "silly IQ test" too. I must just be lucky when it comes to these things.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 3 users Like Buddy Christ's post
26-12-2011, 01:43 PM
The rating system is based on a users opinion of other users. it doesnt actually mean anything.

What is a 'Scientific' way to rate someone?
26-12-2011, 01:51 PM
(26-12-2011 12:59 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  No, i don't give a shit about my "rating " either ...

I am not saying this only because i am rated red , although this stupid unfair subjective rating pisses me off indeed ..

You are very funny, contradicting yourself this way.

Quote:One can simply not rate people this silly way based on psychological preferences , based on ideology , politics ....simply because one does not agree with what the given person says or simply because one does not like what a given person says = makes no sense whatsoever

The rating is what people think of what you say and how you say it - why is that unfair?

Quote:Reminds me of the jews having to wear David stars under the nazis , to make them recognizable from other people ....criminal non-sense

Now that's just over the top. Wow.

Quote:
"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent " , folks haha

You are indeed too "inferior " for me , no "match for me " haha

I wanna talk only to people here rated -50 downwards ,from now on haha

People wearing David stars ............

Seems that you rate yourself pretty highly haha

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
26-12-2011, 02:52 PM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2011 03:00 PM by AbdelZ.)
(26-12-2011 01:25 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  
Quote:Holy Jumping Jesus Christ in a Cartoon. Another Rep complaint thread.

Try to show some respect for great nobel Jewish prophet -human Jesus , please , if you can at least

& this thread is no complaint : it's an expression of outrage against such stupidity & ignorance of this silly rating of people : one cannot rate people : one can rate posts , to some extent at least , but cannot rate people : why can't you understand this simple fact , 'thinking " atheist ?

because objectivity does not exist , not even at the level of exact sciences , let alone elsewhere, so

[quote]There is no "scientific method" to determining the Rep. There is also no need to consider a person's background or achievements. It doesn't matter if you're a quantum physicist or a Nobel Prize winner, you still may be a dumbass when it comes to conveying opinion in a civilized and coherent manner. The only background we need to consider starts on the day you register for this forum and consists of the content of your posts. The Rep system is designed solely to designation which posters make frequent contributing posts or are just liked by a lot of people.

Very subjective bullshit thus

I think & feel for example that you are an arrogant pretentious insecure vulgar asshole fascist who rejects all thoughtstreams, beliefs , cultures ...but his, deep down ,despite your hypocrit tolerance mask on the surface : my own right then if we would apply your own silly subjective "logic " here :

Intuition is a higher form of intellect by the way

so, just exclude me from participating to this pretentious worthless forum , easy enough : that would be very subjective indeed : you can easily try to get rid of other voices sounds colors smells views of the world than yours if you cannot either tolerate them or handle them instead of addressing them as you should be doing

I think personally that all cultures , beliefs, thoughtstreams ...have some elements of truth , to some extent at least, including the atheistic ones, that's 1 of the reasons why i am here , not because i hypothetically have some kindda agenda of my own like some people here think

Besides : i posted important threads here such as "Post_modernism ", "NLP ", & most importantly one concerning the islamic origin of the scientific method, you guys , could not handle because it would make you reconsider most of what you think you take for granted , it would rock your world the way you do not like or expect otherwise .....i condemned ideological materialism in science , ...............i proposed other sources of knowledge together with reason, logic, empiricism .....& much much more

I just got insults & vulgar behavior back, for the most part at least from you "enlightened civilized thinking " atheists while not having the right to behave the same as a counter choc therapy = double standards

It all comes down to the fact that you cannot tolerate other views of the world, i guess : so , just cut the crap & admit it , let's get it over with

Quote:There is no segregation or discrimination. The 20+ Rep guys don't eat at a separate lunch table than the rest of the members. And there is no management/rep conspiracy. We were normal members, got Rep, then someone decided we were awesome enough to be management.

That stupid rating is subjective thus ; the rest of your plea does not make that fact go away , on the contrary = you confirm it , sub-consciously via Freudian "slips " of the tongue : i can read between the lines , you know

Do not play the smart ironic sarcastic guy with me , you are not even funny , you are a boring arrogant pretentious paternalistic full of yourself macho = your own way of hiding your insecurity : pathetic : you see where subjectivity leads to ?

Quote:Look at it this way. If there were no Rep, then I might accidentally stumble across one of your posts and not realize that you were a crazy jihadist until I was halfway through your post. This way, the poster knows right off the bat what kind of person you are.

What's your "definition " of the freedom of speech , freedom of thought , of faith, individual freedom ? yours seems so different from the average mainstream one

Quote: And no it's not like the Nazis making the Jews be identified, it's a system of public opinion. You might as well say that it should be illegal to have preconceptions of people in life. "I know you heard that he rapes babies, but let's pretend he doesn't and greet him with a blank slate."

That was just a metaphor ; your stupid rating is in essence no different from the fact that jews were forced to wear David stars under the nazis in order to make them recognizable from the rest

Quote:P.S. I did well on that "silly IQ test" too. I must just be lucky when it comes to these things.

I seriously doubt it , but i might be wrong = you see where subjective speculations assumptions can lead to ?

My IQ test is 160 by the way, not that i care much about it , worse : i reject that stupid IQ test that reduces human intelligence to that test : ridiculous : it's like pretending to measure ...beauty for example = the supremacy of ideological materialism in science
26-12-2011, 02:56 PM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2011 05:46 PM by Chas.)
You really are quite disagreeable.
Why all the insults and raving?

I suppose you are trying to get banned so you can feel superior?

And it's "What criteria are ..." or "What criterion is ..."

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
26-12-2011, 03:09 PM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2011 03:18 PM by AbdelZ.)
(26-12-2011 01:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-12-2011 12:59 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  No, i don't give a shit about my "rating " either ...

I am not saying this only because i am rated red , although this stupid unfair subjective rating pisses me off indeed ..

Quote:You are very funny, contradicting yourself this way.

That's no contradiction, i expected someone to say just that , ironically enough

I don't give a shit about my rating but i am outraged at this kindda stupid rating at the same time because i don't like neither stupidity nor ignorance = no contradiction , nothing personal thus . although ...subjective haha

Quote:One can simply not rate people this silly way based on psychological preferences , based on ideology , politics ....simply because one does not agree with what the given person says or simply because one does not like what a given person says = makes no sense whatsoever

Quote:The rating is what people think of what you say and how you say it - why is that unfair?

It's not what you say ,it's how you say it haha the average voice says at least

The motto here is different :

My way or the highway

Nobody is allowed here to sing differently than the rest , in essence at least

You prove to me ,guys , every time that objectivity does not exist , so

Quote:Reminds me of the jews having to wear David stars under the nazis , to make them recognizable from other people ....criminal non-sense

Quote:Now that's just over the top. Wow.

That was just a metaphor = in essence is this stupid rating of people no different from the example about the jews under the nazis i gave

Quote:
"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent " , folks haha

You are indeed too "inferior " for me , no "match for me " haha

I wanna talk only to people here rated -50 downwards ,from now on haha

People wearing David stars ............

Quote:Seems that you rate yourself pretty highly haha

I was just being ironic sarcrastic metaphoric if you haven't noticed yet

(26-12-2011 02:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-12-2011 02:52 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  Very subjective bullshit thus

I think & feel for example that you are an arrogant pretentious insecure vulgar asshole fascist who rejects all thoughtstreams, beliefs , cultures ...but his, deep down ,despite your hypocrit tolerance mask on the surface : my own right then if we would apply your own silly subjective "logic " here :

so, just exclude me from participating to this pretentious worthless forum , easy enough : that would be very subjective indeed : you can easily try to get rid of other voices sounds colors smells views of the world than yours if you cannot either tolerate them or handle them instead of addressing them as you should be doing

I think personally that all cultures , beliefs, thoughtstreams ...have some elements of truth , to some extent at least, including the atheistic ones, that's 1 of the reasons why i am here , not because i hypothetically have some kindda agenda of my own like some people here think

Besides : i posted important threads here such as "Post_modernism ", "NLP ", & most importantly one concerning the islamic origin of the scientific method, you guys , could not handle because it would make you reconsider most of what you think you take for granted , it would rock your world the way you do not like or expect otherwise .....i condemned ideological materialism in science , ...............i proposed other sources of knowledge together with reason, logic, empiricism .....& much much more

I just got insults & vulgar behavior back, for the most part at least from you "enlightened civilized thinking " atheists while not having the right to behave the same as a counter choc therapy = double standards

It all comes down to the fact that you cannot tolerate other views of the world, i guess : so , just cut the crap & admit it , let's get it over with

That stupid rating is subjective thus ; the rest of your plea does not make that fact go away , on the contrary = you confirm it , sub-consciously via Freudian "slips " of the tongue : i can read between the lines , you know

Do not play the smart ironic sarcastic guy with me , you are not even funny , you are a boring arrogant pretentious paternalistic full of yourself macho = your own way of hiding your insecurity : pathetic : you see where subjectivity leads to ?

What's your "definition " of the freedom of speech , freedom of thought , of faith, individual freedom ? yours seems so different from the average mainstream one

That was just a metaphor ; your stupid rating is in essence no different from the fact that jews were forced to wear David stars under the nazis in order to make them recognizable from the rest

I seriously doubt it , but i might be wrong = you see where subjective specualtions assumptions can lead to ?

My IQ test is 160 by the way, not that i care much about it , worse : i reject that stupid IQ test that reduces human intelligence to that test : ridiculous : it's like pretending to measure ...beauty for example = the supremacy of materialism in science

Really, Moderators? Isn't it time to moderate?
haha

That was just a pedagogic amusing innocent "altruistic " choc therapy because there is nothing more stimulating for human intelligence than ...chocs

that's all, folks

(26-12-2011 02:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  Why all the insults and raving?

I suppose you are trying to get banned so you can feel superior?

haha

No, i am using some pedagogic amusing offensive vulgar choc therapies instead of hypocrit political correct non-sense , in order to make people think, because there is nothing more stimulating for human intelligence than chocs

How long do i have to repeat that
26-12-2011, 04:11 PM
I wrote this whole long ass thing but then erased it because it all boiled down to this.

Stop being a dick.

You are irritating. So stop. Your point is lost in your attitude. All I can see is blah blah I'm a jerk, blah blah. So it needs improvement.

Before you blame someone else for something it's best to look in the mirror, and you know... reflect.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 4 users Like lucradis's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  RFC: Forum Dating DLJ 21 324 13-07-2014 09:44 AM
Last Post: Mathilda
  Forum statistics Lightvader 13 210 08-07-2014 12:18 AM
Last Post: Lightvader
  CloudFlare & Forum Stability DeepThought 30 307 04-07-2014 12:20 PM
Last Post: pablo628
  Forum terminology questions beeglez 12 248 01-05-2014 05:52 AM
Last Post: War Horse
  What do we now have on the forum? Hughsie 3 112 30-04-2014 07:06 PM
Last Post: An_Theist
  Trolls and Forum Quality Dark Phoenix 282 3,569 15-03-2014 08:36 PM
Last Post: Anjele
  But there ain't no math forum. :P cheapthrillseaker 27 616 17-01-2014 10:28 PM
Last Post: Dark Light