Ability Scores:
Strength- 9
Dexterity- 15
Constitution- 12
Intelligence- 18
Wisdom- 11
Charisma- 14

Alignment:
Lawful Good- A lawful good character acts as a good person is expected or required to act. He combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. He tells the truth, keeps his word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice. A lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished. Lawful good is the best alignment you can be because it combines honor and compassion. However, lawful good can be a dangerous alignment because it restricts freedom and criminalizes self-interest.

Race:
Humans are the most adaptable of the common races. Short generations and a penchant for migration and conquest have made them physically diverse as well. Humans are often unorthodox in their dress, sporting unusual hairstyles, fanciful clothes, tattoos, and the like.

Class:
Wizards- Wizards are arcane spellcasters who depend on intensive study to create their magic. To wizards, magic is not a talent but a difficult, rewarding art. When they are prepared for battle, wizards can use their spells to devastating effect. When caught by surprise, they are vulnerable. The wizard's strength is her spells, everything else is secondary. She learns new spells as she experiments and grows in experience, and she can also learn them from other wizards. In addition, over time a wizard learns to manipulate her spells so they go farther, work better, or are improved in some other way. A wizard can call a familiar- a small, magical, animal companion that serves her. With a high Intelligence, wizards are capable of casting very high levels of spells.

Web page and journal code: Copy and paste the following:

I Am A: Lawful Good Human Wizard (1st Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength-9
Dexterity-15
Constitution-12
Intelligence-18
Wisdom-11
Charisma-14

Alignment:
Lawful Good A lawful good character acts as a good person is expected or required to act. He combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. He tells the truth, keeps his word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice. A lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished. Lawful good is the best alignment you can be because it combines honor and compassion. However, lawful good can be a dangerous alignment because it restricts freedom and criminalizes self-interest.

Race:
Humans are the most adaptable of the common races. Short generations and a penchant for migration and conquest have made them physically diverse as well. Humans are often unorthodox in their dress, sporting unusual hairstyles, fanciful clothes, tattoos, and the like.

Class:
Wizards are arcane spellcasters who depend on intensive study to create their magic. To wizards, magic is not a talent but a difficult, rewarding art. When they are prepared for battle, wizards can use their spells to devastating effect. When caught by surprise, they are vulnerable. The wizard's strength is her spells, everything else is secondary. She learns new spells as she experiments and grows in experience, and she can also learn them from other wizards. In addition, over time a wizard learns to manipulate her spells so they go farther, work better, or are improved in some other way. A wizard can call a familiar- a small, magical, animal companion that serves her. With a high Intelligence, wizards are capable of casting very high levels of spells.

Find out What Kind of Dungeons and Dragons Character Would You Be?, courtesy of Easydamus (e-mail)

Detailed Results:

Alignment:
Lawful Good ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (27)
Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (26)
Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (18)
Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (25)
True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (24)
Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (16)
Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Chaotic Evil ---- XXXX (4)

Law & Chaos:
Law ----- XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
Chaos --- XXX (3)

Good & Evil:
Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (15)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
Evil ---- X (1)

Race:
Human ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
Dwarf ---- XXXX (4)
Elf ------ XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Gnome ---- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Halfling - XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Half-Elf - XXXXXXXXX (9)
Half-Orc - (0)

Class:
Barbarian - (-23)
Bard ------ (-15)
Cleric ---- (0)
Druid ----- (-25)
Fighter --- (-4)
Monk ------ (-6)
Paladin --- (0)
Ranger ---- (-4)
Rogue ----- (0)
Sorcerer -- XXXXXX (6)
Wizard ---- XXXXXXXX (8)

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2010, 06:28 PM
RE: What D&D Character are you?
Neutral Good Human Wizard (1st Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 8
Dexterity- 10
Constitution- 11
Intelligence- 18
Wisdom- 16
Charisma- 11

Alignment:
Neutral Good- A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias for or against order. However, neutral good can be a dangerous alignment because it advances mediocrity by limiting the actions of the truly capable.

Race:

Class:
Wizards- Wizards are arcane spellcasters who depend on intensive study to create their magic. To wizards, magic is not a talent but a difficult, rewarding art. When they are prepared for battle, wizards can use their spells to devastating effect. When caught by surprise, they are vulnerable. The wizard's strength is her spells, everything else is secondary. She learns new spells as she experiments and grows in experience, and she can also learn them from other wizards. In addition, over time a wizard learns to manipulate her spells so they go farther, work better, or are improved in some other way. A wizard can call a familiar- a small, magical, animal companion that serves her. With a high Intelligence, wizards are capable of casting very high levels of spells.

Detailed Results:

Alignment:
Lawful Good ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (26)
Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (26)
Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (24)
Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (23)
True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (23)
Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (21)
Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
Chaotic Evil ---- XXXXXXXXX (9)

Law & Chaos:
Law ----- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Chaos --- XXXXXXXX (8)

Good & Evil:
Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (16)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
Evil ---- X (1)

Race:
Human ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
Dwarf ---- XXXX (4)
Elf ------ XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Gnome ---- XXXXXXXX (8)
Halfling - XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Half-Elf - XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
Half-Orc - (0)

Class:
Barbarian - (-4)
Bard ------ (-2)
Cleric ---- XX (2)
Druid ----- (0)
Fighter --- (-2)
Monk ------ (-23)
Paladin --- (-23)
Ranger ---- (0)
Rogue ----- (-4)
Sorcerer -- XXXXXX (6)
Wizard ---- XXXXXXXX (8)

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
06-04-2010, 07:19 PM

Haha! Thanks, but I'll pass on that. I actually have a few friends into D&D, they're passionate about it. I personally don't see the appeal--why spend so much time memorizing the rules and technicalities of an artificial universe when you can learn about the real one?

I don't play video games anymore either. I believe that our lives are too finite to waste time on anything that's too much of a distraction from our goal, whatever that may be.

Oddly enough, I had a friend who never shut up about his religion until he started playing that game. Now he still identifies with that religion, but it seems to have receded to the back of his mind. I think we all need a community and a sense of purpose. Religion is only one of many ways to find it.
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Well, this quiz doesn't really require you to know the rules of the game. It just asks you questions about what you would do in certain situations.

Come on, do it. You know you want to. Wink

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
06-04-2010, 07:34 PM
I find it interesting how our interests change as we get older. When I was a teenager, I used to play RPGs off and on. Once I was old enough to drive, it became canoing and camping, then horses. (Lived on a ranch and everything. Spent a year as a ranch hand just to learn about horses.) Last few years though, I feel more like Kara. I just feel like life should be spent working towards something. Not to say I don't have fun, but I really do enjoy working at projects that result in something beyond fun. I do things like raise my own food, (huge garden, laying hens, going to get a calf to raise for meat this summer), find building projects that can be done with recycled matereal (Built my chicken coop for about $45, and built a garden shed for my neighbor for $14 in screws and nails!), landscaping to eliminate too much lawn (I even raise worms to compost so I can grow better veggies and flowers). It just feels better knowing that I've used my time to make life for me, my family, and the planet in general, better.
Also not to say if you like RPGs or anything else like that, that you shouldn't do it. In the end, if it makes you happy, its never a waste of time. I guess its just something that evolves over time.

Sorry, kinda rambled there huh? Kara got me thinking. Its a dangerous thing! LOL

So many cats, so few good recipes.
06-04-2010, 07:39 PM
It appears that the point of this thread is being misunderstood. This isn't to get people to play D&D; it's just to see what kind of personalities everyone here at TTA has.

06-04-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm not into D&D either, I need high definition, zombie/terrorist blasting, blood and gore video games. But quizzes are still fun.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
06-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Ugh, I totally went off on a tangent and Hijacked the thread. I'm sincerely sorry. Didn't mean to, honest. Sometimes my train of thought is a runaway.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
07-04-2010, 12:34 AM

Stark Raving: Well, I don't mind it. And I think we share that tendency to ramble a bit. Big Grin I do think it's wonderful, though, that you have that outlook on life, in the very least because it's one that has made me happy. May I ask how old you are?

Unbeliever: Sorry, I can't. You said it was a LONG quiz, and life is short. Wink I've been living in what now feels like a waking dream for so long, and I have so much learning to catch up on! Also, from a personal perspective, I feel that finally realizing the improbability of any kind of afterlife has lent a kind of bright urgency to the moment. A desire to advance my mind enough to contribute to the sum of humanity's knowledge and the collective good, because this is what will survive beyond me. I don't mean living for the future. I mean that not considering myself to be part of something imaginary fills me with the realization that I can be part of something real.

I got even more off track, didn't I? Should we move this to another thread?
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2010, 01:35 AM
You Are A:

True Neutral Half-Elf Druid (1st Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 13
Dexterity- 15
Constitution- 12
Intelligence- 18
Wisdom- 15
Charisma- 11

Alignment:
True Neutral- A true neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. He doesn't feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most true neutral characters exhibit a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil after all, he would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, he's not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some true neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. True neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion. However, true neutral can be a dangerous alignment because it represents apathy, indifference, and a lack of conviction.

Race:
Half-Elves have the curiosity and ambition for their human parent and the refined senses and love of nature of their elven parent, although they are outsiders among both cultures. To humans, half-elves are paler, fairer and smoother-skinned than their human parents, but their actual skin tones and other details vary just as human features do. Half-elves tend to have green, elven eyes. They live to about 180.

Class:
Druids- Druids gain power not by ruling nature but by being at one with it. They hate the unnatural, including aberrations or undead, and destroy them where possible. Druids receive divine spells from nature, not the gods, and can gain an array of powers as they gain experience, including the ability to take the shapes of animals. The weapons and armor of a druid are restricted by their traditional oaths, not simply training. A druid's Wisdom score should be high, as this determines the maximum spell level that they can cast.

Detailed Results:

Alignment:
Lawful Good ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (21)
Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (23)
Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (17)
Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (24)
True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (26)
Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (20)
Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (15)
Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (17)
Chaotic Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXX (11)

Law & Chaos:
Law ----- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Chaos --- XXXXXX (6)

Good & Evil:
Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
Evil ---- XXXXX (5)

Race:
Human ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
Dwarf ---- XXXXXXXX (8)
Elf ------ XXXXXXXX (8)
Gnome ---- XXXXXXXX (8)
Halfling - XXXXXX (6)
Half-Elf - XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
Half-Orc - XX (2)

Class:
Barbarian - (-4)
Bard ------ (-2)
Cleric ---- (0)
Druid ----- XXXX (4)
Fighter --- (0)
Monk ------ (-19)
Paladin --- (-19)
Ranger ---- (-2)
Rogue ----- (-4)
Sorcerer -- XX (2)
Wizard ---- XX (2)

some questions were a little bit strange...