What Did You Learn Today?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.33 Average
20-02-2014, 11:14 PM
RE: What Did You Learn Today?
I learned the reason that cats are always smacking at invisible things is because their eyes can see the ultraviolet field. This means they are seeing things that we aren't. Or, my cat is just retarded.

http://news.discovery.com/animals/pets/c...140218.htm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2014, 12:59 PM
That religionists cannot take a joke and that skeptics have always had a much better sense of humour.

"Roderick and Eckhardt, skilled in carving limestone, arranged for certain things to turn up during Beringer's next dig. Sure enough, Beringer excitedly wrote about the 'fossils' of mating frogs, spiders in webs, and delicate insects he had discovered. The dig after that yielded actual writing, in Babylonian and Hebrew, carved into the rock. Beringer didn't catch on, even as the 'fossils' became more and more elaborate. Instead he published a book on the "capricious fabrications of God," and speculated as to why God had put them there. When the next dig turned up a fossil with his name on it, his credulity gave way to anger."

[Image: beringer4.jpg]

Also, something about non-transitive dice and Efron's dice and something apparently very clever with nice pictures and lots of numbers and... well, that's about all I got. Blush (Pretty sure there is a no dice joke to be made here... that is, if I had more than a handful of brain cells functioning right now...)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
23-02-2014, 01:35 PM
(23-02-2014 12:59 PM)Vera Wrote:  Pretty sure there is a no dice joke to be made here...

Laugh out load

Oh man... that was seriously groan worthy... or moan worthy, given that it's you Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
23-02-2014, 02:05 PM
(23-02-2014 01:35 PM)morondog Wrote:  Oh man... that was seriously groan worthy... or moan worthy, given that it's you

First off, in my books they hiss. Kid you not. In pleasure, in pain - same difference.

Also, you do know that a synonym of (no) dice is (no) bones, right? Need I go on... Drinking Beverage

But! Speaking of! Bacula! Also called - oosiks.

Suddenly, "I'm the Walrus" takes on a completely new (and rather disturbing) meaning. Unsure

[Image: The-Largest-Ever-Penis-Bone-2.jpg]

And, the best sentence of all time: "all the great apes have tiny bacula."

Nothing more to be said after that...

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
23-02-2014, 06:33 PM
That my girlfriend wants to move in together once we go to LA. :DDDDDDDDD

Going steady. nsnsnsnsns Big Grin HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
24-02-2014, 03:34 AM
Today, I learned what my wifi card in my Acer laptop looks like and how to swap it out for another.

.... It didn't help getting my laptop working internet-wise though...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-02-2014, 12:31 PM
(24-02-2014 03:34 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Today, I learned what my wifi card in my Acer laptop looks like and how to swap it out for another.

You have an Acer too? At home, if I try to play an online game solely through wifi using the driver Acer installed it will drop connection every few minutes. I ran my Ethernet cable upstairs so I could play there.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
24-02-2014, 12:33 PM
The Klein bottle, which "exists only in four dimensions, has only one surface, and contains itself. See what happens when the Möbius Strip turns to drink."

Can't say I got all (or even most of it) and got totally disoriented when trying to understand what (non-)orientability is, so I guess I'll have to do with the slight chuckle I got out of "the Klein bottle has no boundary" and all the merry images that invokes in my parched brain. On the other hand, seeing at it "contains itself", it probably won't do me much good anyway. Story of my life Dodgy

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXYnTg__HMaSr-MwtqcLK...sE8VLcDxhu]

(What I need to learn now, and right speedily, is how to actually do some - or any! - work. Confused)

[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
24-02-2014, 02:20 PM
(24-02-2014 12:31 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 03:34 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Today, I learned what my wifi card in my Acer laptop looks like and how to swap it out for another.

You have an Acer too? At home, if I try to play an online game solely through wifi using the driver Acer installed it will drop connection every few minutes. I ran my Ethernet cable upstairs so I could play there.

That solution wont work for me.
At my father's house where I am now, the wifi is supplied by a 'Pocketwifi", this dinky little thing: [Image: pocket-wifi_1.jpg]
So, no Ethernet cable for me from that thing!

At my mother's house the wireless modem is upstairs and on the other side of the house. Even if I had an ethernet cable long enough, there's no way I'd be able to safely get it down to my room, and I am sure as hell not taking my laptop upstairs to use the internet! They (that houses' portion of my family) tends to have over-loud music, horse-race commentary and TV on, often all at the same time. I often can't get away from it in my room which has a floor and walls in between, no way I'd be sane, or have remotely functional ears if I set up up there.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
24-02-2014, 09:42 PM
(24-02-2014 02:20 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 12:31 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  You have an Acer too? At home, if I try to play an online game solely through wifi using the driver Acer installed it will drop connection every few minutes. I ran my Ethernet cable upstairs so I could play there.

That solution wont work for me.
At my father's house where I am now, the wifi is supplied by a 'Pocketwifi", this dinky little thing: [Image: pocket-wifi_1.jpg]
So, no Ethernet cable for me from that thing!

At my mother's house the wireless modem is upstairs and on the other side of the house. Even if I had an ethernet cable long enough, there's no way I'd be able to safely get it down to my room, and I am sure as hell not taking my laptop upstairs to use the internet! They (that houses' portion of my family) tends to have over-loud music, horse-race commentary and TV on, often all at the same time. I often can't get away from it in my room which has a floor and walls in between, no way I'd be sane, or have remotely functional ears if I set up up there.

Nobody should have to live in that manner of hell.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post