What Did You Learn Today?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.33 Average
25-09-2014, 02:57 AM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2014 03:02 AM by Free Thought.)
RE: What Did You Learn Today?
(25-09-2014 02:54 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(25-09-2014 02:23 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Today I learned that elephants and rhinos are totally intolerant of sloth bears.
And that the reasons for this are not clear, as elephants will tolerate tigers in their midst... They just hate sloth bears, I guess...

Sloth bears are omnivores

That much I already knew.

... If you could now tell me how old the Wyoming Toad and Proboscis Monkey are, that's be really helpful!

.... I am really bad at research...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2014, 03:07 AM
(25-09-2014 02:57 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(25-09-2014 02:54 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Sloth bears are omnivores

That much I already knew.

... If you could now tell me how old the Wyoming Toad and Proboscis Monkey are, that's be really helpful!

I don't think they are older than the pleistocene.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
25-09-2014, 03:10 AM
(25-09-2014 03:07 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(25-09-2014 02:57 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  That much I already knew.

I don't think they are older than the pleistocene.

Probably not, but I was hoping to find a more specific approximation, need it for and assignment and I can't find anything on the bastards; at the moment I'm njust defaulting to "unknown" as an answer.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-09-2014, 02:30 PM
(25-09-2014 03:10 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(25-09-2014 03:07 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I don't think they are older than the pleistocene.

Probably not, but I was hoping to find a more specific approximation, need it for and assignment and I can't find anything on the bastards; at the moment I'm njust defaulting to "unknown" as an answer.

well you aint going to get one because there is not one, you need to realize some questions can not be answered.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
25-09-2014, 04:09 PM
(25-09-2014 02:30 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(25-09-2014 03:10 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Probably not, but I was hoping to find a more specific approximation, need it for and assignment and I can't find anything on the bastards; at the moment I'm njust defaulting to "unknown" as an answer.

well you aint going to get one because there is not one, you need to realize some questions can not be answered.

Yet.

25-09-2014, 04:27 PM
(25-09-2014 04:09 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(25-09-2014 02:30 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  well you aint going to get one because there is not one, you need to realize some questions can not be answered.

Yet.

No this is something that is really hard to answer.

25-09-2014, 04:37 PM
That no matter how hard you try, you can't make everyone happy.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
08-10-2014, 02:35 PM
That for some reason, I still make excuses for jerks. I thought I had overcome this flaw, but I have some work to still do. Sad

I know this flaw is residual from being a doormat Christian for so long.

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
08-10-2014, 04:46 PM
(08-10-2014 02:35 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  That for some reason, I still make excuses for jerks. I thought I had overcome this flaw, but I have some work to still do. Sad

Thus:

Fool me once - shame on you. Fool me twice - shame on me.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
08-10-2014, 04:52 PM
(08-10-2014 04:46 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 02:35 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  That for some reason, I still make excuses for jerks. I thought I had overcome this flaw, but I have some work to still do. Sad

Thus:

Fool me once - shame on you. Fool me twice - shame on me.

Fool me more than twice...I may need a therapist. Confused

Thanks, Anjele. Hug