What Did You Learn Today?

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
19-10-2015, 05:45 PM
RE: What Did You Learn Today?
(14-10-2015 10:49 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I just learned that you can't mix these two pills because they make me really stoned.

...really stoned.

That's really not fair of you to not identify the pills. Angry

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
19-10-2015, 05:51 PM
(19-10-2015 05:38 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I learned to stay clear of the Monkey Puzzle tree and it's killer pine cones. Dayum.Shocking

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2015/10/be...ing-trees/
"Bunya pines or false monkey puzzle trees are native to Australia where the pine cones, which can weigh up to 10 kg"

Of course it is. I mean where else could a man harming tree come from? Tongue

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
19-10-2015, 06:10 PM
(19-10-2015 05:51 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(19-10-2015 05:38 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I learned to stay clear of the Monkey Puzzle tree and it's killer pine cones. Dayum.Shocking

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2015/10/be...ing-trees/
"Bunya pines or false monkey puzzle trees are native to Australia where the pine cones, which can weigh up to 10 kg"

Of course it is. I mean where else could a man harming tree come from? Tongue

Those damn trees grow around here in Northwestern US. Many of them were brought here about 100 years ago. Now I know not to sit under one.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
19-10-2015, 06:18 PM
That destroying clothes on purpose SUPER fun!
19-10-2015, 09:17 PM
(19-10-2015 06:18 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  That destroying clothes on purpose SUPER fun!

Correction:
Destroying anything with purpose is super fun.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
19-10-2015, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 19-10-2015 09:31 PM by cactus.)
(19-10-2015 06:18 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  That destroying clothes on purpose SUPER fun!

but but why would you do this? Undecided
Someone at Goodwill could have been paid 12 cents an hour to sort those clothes instead. lol
You teerk der jeeerbs! Angry

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
25-10-2015, 04:22 AM
I learned that a few good men from the internetz can do a better job that for free that a big movie company with tons of money, for tons of money.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
22-05-2016, 07:24 AM (This post was last modified: 22-05-2016 07:32 AM by Full Circle.)
That using a half-filled water bottle to make cruching sounds underwater really does attract sharks.

On Monday we had great visibility and a couple of Caribbean reef sharks showed up but kept their distance, the photos were of poor quality, oh well I thought, maybe next time.

Today we headed back out to the same dive site and I thought to myself, self why don’t you take a partially filled plastic bottle and try to call them in by mimicking a distress signal? Brilliant thinking. The storm from two days ago left the waters turbid and greenish, the viz was a third of what it had been. Foiled again I thought.

I got in and we headed to the break in the fringing reef and swam beyond. As we swam I looked up and there was Mrs. Toothy swimming right over me, I shot a couple of pics silhouetting her against the surface. Once we were far enough away from the rest of the divers I took out my plastic bottle and began crunching it.

Mrs. Toothy comes back to inspect but still keeping her distance. As she turned to go I did it again and this time she made a quick 180 and came right for the sound! Great! Wait...not so great. She made pass after pass, at one point lowering her pectorals letting me know she wasn’t too happy with the situation. I thought I would have to hit her on the nose with my dome port but luckily it didn’t come to that. So boys and girls, the lesson for today is don’t forget to wear your Depends under your wetsuit if you’re gonna do stupid things. Blush

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
22-05-2016, 07:33 AM
I learned today that what's her name is leaving. ((((((((Insert happy dance!)))))))) Don't let the door etc...
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
22-05-2016, 12:24 PM
I leaned some people take comfort in willful ignorance and our whole country suffers.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post