What Did You Learn Today?

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
23-05-2016, 02:35 PM
RE: What Did You Learn Today?
(23-05-2016 02:28 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(23-05-2016 02:08 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I relearned that whiny people get sympathy and kudos while the people who don't whine or buy into others whininess get shit on.

Boooo! Angry Mean people suck.

I know, right?

I'm getting the whole, "don't you care..."

No, I don't. Dodgy

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-05-2016, 05:28 PM
I learnt how to stream on youtube.
I re-learnt that mosquito bites are nasty and that you shouldn't scratch them. (where did that monster come from? It is my first Mosquito bite in Ireland and I have been here for almost 5 years!)

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
24-05-2016, 05:30 PM
(23-05-2016 01:54 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  I learned ... how to make a cat.

Huh

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
24-05-2016, 05:53 PM
I learned that my job has some respect for my skills and I was offered a very very nice bonus for taking on a special task. Very nice, as in I will be able to take a vacation this summer to visit my son in Louisiana and I will not only be able to do some special things like deep sea fishing in the gulf but also stay in a nice hotel with a pool and spa instead of with my son in his single-man apt. Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
24-05-2016, 06:12 PM
(24-05-2016 05:53 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I learned that my job has some respect for my skills and I was offered a very very nice bonus for taking on a special task. Very nice, as in I will be able to take a vacation this summer to visit my son in Louisiana and I will not only be able to do some special things like deep sea fishing in the gulf but also stay in a nice hotel with a pool and spa instead of with my son in his single-man apt. Smile

Congrats! That's awesome!

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-05-2016, 06:15 PM
(24-05-2016 05:53 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I learned that my job has some respect for my skills and I was offered a very very nice bonus for taking on a special task. Very nice, as in I will be able to take a vacation this summer to visit my son in Louisiana and I will not only be able to do some special things like deep sea fishing in the gulf but also stay in a nice hotel with a pool and spa instead of with my son in his single-man apt. Smile

Kickin' Skillz! Good to see that you are appreciated.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
24-05-2016, 06:39 PM
(24-05-2016 06:12 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

Congrats! That's awesome!

Thanks, it was totally out of the blue. I started adding some extra info on a place on the invoices so it will show up on the reports I do each week. I really just did it for myself so I could research certain things more easily and I guess they really liked what showed up on the reports and want me to keep doing that as well as export that info into a share program so everyone can see it. Then while we were talking I said I would really like the inventory to labeled a certain way for ease of inputting invoices in volume (we're expanding and moving into other states) he liked the idea asked if I would work up a proposal and if I would consider doing the changes myself and they would compensate me at 2.5 times my pay for the week or so that it would take for me to do it. This would be above my regular pay. Big Grin

I said, yes, I'd be happy to. Banana_zorro

I can't wait to see my son, been three years next month.

[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
24-05-2016, 06:42 PM
(24-05-2016 06:15 PM)Fireball Wrote:  

Kickin' Skillz! Good to see that you are appreciated.

Yes, after months of not being able to find a job my self-esteem was pretty low and my confidence really suffered. I was terrified the first 2 months that I wouldn't make the grade and I'd be out of work again. Just now starting to feel relaxed and good about my job this month. It's a huge relief. Smile

[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
24-05-2016, 06:53 PM
(24-05-2016 06:39 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(24-05-2016 06:12 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Congrats! That's awesome!

Thanks, it was totally out of the blue. I started adding some extra info on a place on the invoices so it will show up on the reports I do each week. I really just did it for myself so I could research certain things more easily and I guess they really liked what showed up on the reports and want me to keep doing that as well as export that info into a share program so everyone can see it. Then while we were talking I said I would really like the inventory to labeled a certain way for ease of inputting invoices in volume (we're expanding and moving into other states) he liked the idea asked if I would work up a proposal and if I would consider doing the changes myself and they would compensate me at 2.5 times my pay for the week or so that it would take for me to do it. This would be above my regular pay. Big Grin

I said, yes, I'd be happy to. Banana_zorro

I can't wait to see my son, been three years next month.

Wow that is huge! I'm really happy for you. I'm sure it'll be great to visit your son and have some fun too.

It's nice to be appreciated. It's even a little nicer to have it acknowledged with some extra money.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-05-2016, 09:10 PM
(24-05-2016 06:42 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(24-05-2016 06:15 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Kickin' Skillz! Good to see that you are appreciated.

Yes, after months of not being able to find a job my self-esteem was pretty low and my confidence really suffered. I was terrified the first 2 months that I wouldn't make the grade and I'd be out of work again. Just now starting to feel relaxed and good about my job this month. It's a huge relief. Smile

Now that your stress is lower, your will improve even more. I really hope that this company recognizes it and compensates you accordingly. Just keep your eyes and ears peeled for vipers. I had so many where I used to work, it was incredible. Last laugh for me is that they now have 3 people doing my work (I have connections, so I know). Would it have killed them to pay me $25k more a year? They're now paying 3 people $100k a year to do what I used to do myself for the same money. Stupid fucks. Hobo
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post