What Did You Learn Today?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.33 Average
26-06-2016, 01:50 PM
RE: What Did You Learn Today?
(26-06-2016 01:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Early each summer the baby squirrels (or as I call them tree rats) come out.

I've noticed most are brown, but occasionally there's a very light gray or black baby squirrel around. Neither of those seem to survive long. Yesterday I saw a very light gray squirrel alone romping about. That's also odd since they're usually out in groups...

Of course I've already flattened three under the tires of my car, but they were all the common brown type...

Consider

Many of the tree rats around here are black. I think they're just genetically adapting their camouflage to fit the demographics of their environment.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-06-2016, 03:05 PM
(26-06-2016 01:50 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 01:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Early each summer the baby squirrels (or as I call them tree rats) come out.

I've noticed most are brown, but occasionally there's a very light gray or black baby squirrel around. Neither of those seem to survive long. Yesterday I saw a very light gray squirrel alone romping about. That's also odd since they're usually out in groups...

Of course I've already flattened three under the tires of my car, but they were all the common brown type...

Consider

Many of the tree rats around here are black. I think they're just genetically adapting their camouflage to fit the demographics of their environment.

The black ones here never last. You can see them too easily in tall brown grasses and in the trees.

But...the brown ones play with the black one but the light gray one was left all alone.

Oh and I think the light gray one was picked off by a hawk.

That made me kinda sad.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

26-06-2016, 03:10 PM
Squirrels all look the same in crosshairs........

And if you want to cry about them -- you can pay for the damage the little bastards did in my attic.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
26-06-2016, 03:11 PM
(26-06-2016 03:05 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The black ones here never last. You can see them too easily in tall brown grasses and in the trees.

Yabut, you can't see them hunkering down on black power lines. Big Grin

#sigh
26-06-2016, 03:14 PM
(26-06-2016 03:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 03:05 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The black ones here never last. You can see them too easily in tall brown grasses and in the trees.

Place I used to work at had at least a couple of incidents every year, with squirrels becoming "Organic 1 ohm resistors" -- and knocking a leg of the 440v out.....

Pain in the ass replacing THOSE fuses...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
26-06-2016, 03:28 PM
(26-06-2016 03:10 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Squirrels all look the same in crosshairs........

And if you want to cry about them -- you can pay for the damage the little bastards did in my attic.....

I've flattened three with my car.

Starlings fucked up our attic. Messy fucking birds. We blocked their entrance and I guess the babies all died. So sad too bad.

Sympathy is found in the dictionary between shit and syphills. Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-06-2016, 03:29 PM
(26-06-2016 03:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

We don't have those. Consider

26-06-2016, 03:39 PM
That those moms of little beauty pageant girls are a special kind of evil.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
26-06-2016, 03:49 PM
That my uncle was apparently a really bad student in his Catholic high school. (He guessed he was Catholic when he married my aunt, because the church sent him a calendar each year, but that's another story.) He went to his 50th reunion and spotted one of the nuns he had as a teacher. He went to introduce himself and she said, "I remember you [uncle's name], you were such a bad boy." For a now 93 year old nun to remember how much she hated him, he really must not have exaggerated being a bad kid there. For his part he said she was a bitch then and still is 50 years later.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
26-06-2016, 04:05 PM
(26-06-2016 03:49 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  That my uncle was apparently a really bad student in his Catholic high school. (He guessed he was Catholic when he married my aunt, because the church sent him a calendar each year, but that's another story.) He went to his 50th reunion and spotted one of the nuns he had as a teacher. He went to introduce himself and she said, "I remember you [uncle's name], you were such a bad boy." For a now 93 year old nun to remember how much she hated him, he really must not have exaggerated being a bad kid there. For his part he said she was a bitch then and still is 50 years later.

That made me laugh.