What Did You Learn Today?

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
21-08-2017, 08:11 PM
RE: What Did You Learn Today?
So Vera, if that Zedonk grew up and mated with a donkey, would that make it a Zedonk Zedonkey?

Sorry. Couldn't resist. Still kinda want a Jack Russell/Shitzu just so I can answer when people ask me what kind of dog it is.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2017, 08:48 PM
(21-08-2017 08:11 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  So Vera, if that Zedonk grew up and mated with a donkey, would that make it a Zedonk Zedonkey?

I'd go with Z-donk. Or Donk Z [Image: stygarap.gif]

Quote: Still kinda want a Jack Russell/Shitzu just so I can answer when people ask me what kind of dog it is.

So - what *do* you call a Jack Russell/Shitzu lovechild? Being in Brazil, my mind went to something along the lines of jitsu (even if I rather dislike martial "arts" (arts my artse)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
02-10-2017, 01:15 PM
About holloways or sunken lanes: "roadway that have sunk into the earth with use over hundreds of years."

Heart

[Image: sunken-lane-102.jpg?imgmax=1600]

[Image: sunken-lane-65.jpg?imgmax=1600]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 6 users Like Vera's post
06-10-2017, 08:34 PM
Today I learned this shit is still going after 5 years.

Today, I also learned that I started this thing 5 years ago.

#LetsGoForTwenty

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Misanthropik's post
06-10-2017, 11:53 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2017 11:59 PM by Szuchow.)
Learned that Dmitry Sergeyevich Likhachov had somewhat "easy" time in Solowki camp being pridurok*. Can't shake of the feeling of wrongness - intelligentsia saved their own but didn't do the same with others. Can't truly fault them but somehow knowing it leaves sour taste.

*That is prisoner who worked in office not moron despite original world meaning.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
07-10-2017, 02:15 PM
Today I learned that I'm still depressed even after spending 40 days in a mental institution where I was under extreme observation of my behavior, vitals, and reactions to medications.

Now I'm not overly excitable (manic- though I keep spending money excessively *ponders* ) and I'm not overly sad.

I am simply existing.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
07-10-2017, 02:17 PM
(07-10-2017 02:15 PM)Peanut Wrote:  Today I learned that I'm still depressed even after spending 40 days in a mental institution where I was under extreme observation of my behavior, vitals, and reactions to medications.

Now I'm not overly excitable (manic- though I keep spending money excessively *ponders* ) and I'm not overly sad.

I am simply existing.

Simply existing is good. Be the Be. Smile

Oh, and stop spending money. Tongue

#sigh
07-10-2017, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2017 02:29 PM by Peanut.)
"Be the be?"

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
07-10-2017, 02:24 PM
Yeah, what GirlyMan said.
Spending money feels pretty good in the NOW, but not so good in the later. ESPECIALLY if it's money on credit.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
07-10-2017, 02:28 PM
(07-10-2017 02:24 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Yeah, what GirlyMan said.
Spending money feels pretty good in the NOW, but not so good in the later. ESPECIALLY if it's money on credit.

It's more like I *shouldn't* be spending it because I know it's a slippery slope.

But it's for my new apartment and it *does* feel pleasant getting stuff for it. Sad I've already resigned myself from spending anynore, too.