What Did You Learn Today?

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
12-10-2017, 11:48 AM
RE: What Did You Learn Today?
About communist woodpeckers and acorn granaries Heart

[Image: c4a7e0972293207138395691eedd1f86--woodpeckers-snack.jpg]

"A typical granary tree contains hundreds or even thousands of acorns—the largest on record contained around 50,000. Almost every square inch of the tree’s trunk and limbs may be covered with acorn-filled holes, the cumulative result of multiple generations of individuals each drilling more and more every year. The Acorn Woodpecker is unique in having a centralized food store constructed and defended communally. An entire family group may rally to defend against such potential acorn thieves as squirrels and jays, as well as against other Acorn Woodpeckers from outside their group."

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
12-10-2017, 12:58 PM
(12-10-2017 11:48 AM)Vera Wrote:  About communist woodpeckers and acorn granaries Heart

[Image: c4a7e0972293207138395691eedd1f86--woodpeckers-snack.jpg]

"A typical granary tree contains hundreds or even thousands of acorns—the largest on record contained around 50,000. Almost every square inch of the tree’s trunk and limbs may be covered with acorn-filled holes, the cumulative result of multiple generations of individuals each drilling more and more every year. The Acorn Woodpecker is unique in having a centralized food store constructed and defended communally. An entire family group may rally to defend against such potential acorn thieves as squirrels and jays, as well as against other Acorn Woodpeckers from outside their group."

That picture seriously has my throat closing and my gut turning... I hate holes like that...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
12-10-2017, 04:18 PM
Today, I mostly learned about human nature.
I learned that some people are genuine and others are all about themselves.
I have had a good day today, and I am gong to bed thinking happy thoughts.
Heart

Get your own bleeding hymn book
12-10-2017, 05:16 PM
Hm, I've learned a lot from my (ill) grandmother and taking care for her. Really beaming after having spent the entire day helping her and following her caprices. If you chose to let go of your ego and listen to another human being instead, you inevitably learn a lot about yourself. Things like coffee being a lot tastier when the coffeepot's water is put to a slower boil.
[+] 2 users Like ethos's post
16-10-2017, 11:49 AM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2017 12:10 PM by Vera.)
What hurtcore is. I wish I haven't Sadcryface

(What is even worse, I now think this is pretty much what I had to translate yesterday. I truly detest that woman with every fibre of my being and sincerely and unashamedly wish she could experience in real life just one-tenth of the demeaning, misogynistic, racist crap she vomits on the pages.)

19-10-2017, 02:34 AM
Today I learned two things.
1) To be careful cooking when I'm sick.
2) When boiling water melts your skin, it's better to remove the dead tissue after cooling the burned area in water.
(Whenever I crashed my bike I made sure to gnaw off the lose skin-bits to get at the grit pushed underneath immediately, since the pain of the fall would blot out anything else. So, that habit worked against me this time. Live and learn.)
19-10-2017, 01:57 PM
(16-10-2017 11:49 AM)Vera Wrote:  What hurtcore is. I wish I haven't Sadcryface

I have an idea what this might be, but I'm not sure I want to learn. Blink
03-11-2017, 11:18 AM
RobbyPants, trust me, you don't.

I learnt that I'm extra-special and rare and unique. Who would've thunk it Drinking Beverage

MICRO-GENERATION BORN BETWEEN 1977-1983 GIVEN NEW NAME

[Image: Xennial.jpg?w=526&ssl=1]

03-11-2017, 11:26 AM
(03-11-2017 11:18 AM)Vera Wrote:  RobbyPants, trust me, you don't.

I learnt that I'm extra-special and rare and unique. Who would've thunk it Drinking Beverage

MICRO-GENERATION BORN BETWEEN 1977-1983 GIVEN NEW NAME

[Image: Xennial.jpg?w=526&ssl=1]

Wow, I was born in '88, although my father was born in '71 (Yep...do the maths) so he was still growing up, and taught me about some of the stuff he had as a [younger] kid lol. I grew up with 70's/early 80's shit, and didn't get anything new until I could buy it myself in the late 90's early 00's lol.

Am I sub division of a Xennial? Laugh out load

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-11-2017, 11:37 AM
(03-11-2017 11:26 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Am I sub division of a Xennial? Laugh out load

[Image: anigif_sub-buzz-886-1496144539-1.gif?dow...ality=auto]