What Did You Learn Today?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.33 Average
01-12-2012, 01:15 PM
RE: What Did You Learn Today?
Despite the fact that:

1) After a run-in with my supervisor and the 'big boss' I was ready to walk out on my job a few days ago (but didn't because I have no backup plan),

2) and I'm incredibly frustrated with my job and have been for several months

3) and my new 'big boss' seems to be someone different and less savory than I've known him to be in his prior role these past 5 years....

4) and I was literally planning the creative logistics of what would be my unannounced last day of work (totally out of character for me) at some point future (like, ya' know, after I find a job)

I learned that deep down I still believe in the new director's innate goodness and want to have a heart to heart chat with him and try to relate as human beings and see if we might still make my department more tolerable for everyone.

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Today I learned that reptiles are hypoallergenic; making them excellent pets for anyone otherwise allergic to more common pets.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
03-12-2012, 10:21 AM
I learnt that talking is the best cure even if the problem can't immediately be solved Smile

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
Find all posts by this user
03-12-2012, 10:26 AM
My turn to demonstrate my ignorance.

I learned of a surprisingly oft covered christmas ditty called O Holy Night from GT's thread here.

Kinda wish I hadn't.

My data speed means I only get a couple of bars then have to wait a minute or three so maybe the song gets better after the first 20 seconds or so but I can't be bothered waiting to find out.

03-12-2012, 01:48 PM
(03-12-2012 10:26 AM)DLJ Wrote:  My turn to demonstrate my ignorance.

I learned of a surprisingly oft covered christmas ditty called O Holy Night from GT's thread here.

Kinda wish I hadn't.

My data speed means I only get a couple of bars then have to wait a minute or three so maybe the song gets better after the first 20 seconds or so but I can't be bothered waiting to find out.

O 'oly 'ight is one of 'e 'ost 'ell 'own 'ims in 'e 'orld!!! 'Ow 'an 'oo 'ot 'ow 'at ?

It's pretty decent actually except that I've forgotten the last line in company with the rest of the fam, so we have this glorious rendition which collapses into ignominy right at the crucial moment Big Grin
03-12-2012, 02:17 PM
(03-12-2012 10:26 AM)DLJ Wrote:  My turn to demonstrate my ignorance.

Kinda wish I hadn't.

The music is beautiful and moving. The words, not so much.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
03-12-2012, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2012 03:52 PM by ghostexorcist.)
The character James Bond was named after the author of a book on ornithology that Ian Flemming owned.
[+] 3 users Like ghostexorcist's post
04-12-2012, 12:22 AM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2012 12:29 AM by ghostexorcist.)
The "pec" in Kaopectate, a popular diarrhea medication, comes from pectin, a structural component of fruits that help thicken preserves (thank you Good Eats). On a related note, the "kao" comes from Kaolin, a type of very fine clay that has been used for centuries to cure diarrhea, as well as make porcelain. I actually learned the following a few months ago, but it's still interesting: chimpanzees eat the kaolin clay-rich dirt of termite mounds. Since the local African inhabitants do the same thing to cure diarrhea, scientists believe the chimps use it in the same manor.
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
04-12-2012, 06:49 AM
What Did You Learn Today?
zOMG!!! I just learned there are scads more wintery levels added to Angry Birds Seasons! My anti-social behavior can continue unabated through the holidays!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
04-12-2012, 07:08 AM
[Image: 773.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post