What Did You Learn Today?

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
05-12-2012, 09:39 PM
RE: What Did You Learn Today?
(05-12-2012 09:29 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  The shoulder blade of Salem, a 3.3-million-year-old fossil of a 3-year-old Australopithecus afarensis female, is orientated upwards and shaped just like that of a gorilla, but the points where the muscles attached are shaped more similar to that of a human. This is one of many mosaic features belonging to this species that have caused scientists to debate whether A. Afarensis was partly arboreal or not. Their legs and feet were built for bipedal locomotion.
oriented

You're welcome. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2012, 12:02 AM
Today I learned that I have a stigmatism and I need glasses. I also got to see a really cool picture of the back/inside of my eyeballs.
Find all posts by this user
06-12-2012, 12:06 AM
(06-12-2012 12:02 AM)Noelani Wrote:  Today I learned that I have a stigmatism and I need glasses. I also got to see a really cool picture of the back/inside of my eyeballs.
Pics?

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
06-12-2012, 12:09 AM
(06-12-2012 12:02 AM)Noelani Wrote:  Today I learned that I have a stigmatism and I need glasses. I also got to see a really cool picture of the back/inside of my eyeballs.
Not to be too Chas-like, but I believe if you have a stigmatism, then you've been inflicted by stigmata, which would be super cool and I'd definitely like to see pics. But it's more likely you have astigmatism, in which case your eyes are gonna be as screwed up as mine are some day. Blink

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
06-12-2012, 01:37 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2012 01:42 AM by Free Thought.)

Pfft, my eyes have got it worse than yours, I can assure you.

Also while digging around my Age of Empires II files I learnt that is has some really good music tucked away inside it.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
06-12-2012, 07:32 AM
(06-12-2012 12:09 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
Not to be too Chas-like, but I believe if you have a stigmatism, then you've been inflicted by stigmata, which would be super cool and I'd definitely like to see pics. But it's more likely you have astigmatism, in which case your eyes are gonna be as screwed up as mine are some day. Blink

One can never be too Chas-like. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
06-12-2012, 07:45 AM
(06-12-2012 07:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-12-2012 12:09 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Not to be too Chas-like, but I believe if you have a stigmatism, then you've been inflicted by stigmata, which would be super cool and I'd definitely like to see pics. But it's more likely you have astigmatism, in which case your eyes are gonna be as screwed up as mine are some day. Blink

One can never be too Chas-like. Drinking Beverage
That only happened once Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
06-12-2012, 03:04 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2012 03:17 PM by Noelani.)
(06-12-2012 12:06 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
Pics?
I asked them if they could e-mail the pictures of my eyeballs to me. They said they had to check if they had the software to do that. I'll know tomorrow, or so that's what they said.
If you are instead referring to pictures of my glasses, I won't get them until next week.
ETA: I learned today that my dog has been hiding most of his poop in a pile under some bushes. My dog is an English Lab so were not talking little dog turds. Yay....
06-12-2012, 03:23 PM
(06-12-2012 03:04 PM)Noelani Wrote:  ETA: I learned today that my dog has been hiding most of his poop in a pile under some bushes. My dog is an English Lab so were not talking little dog turds. Yay....
Ooo, I see a training opportunity!

Dom, you wanna take this one, or shall I? Big Grin

So many cats, so few good recipes.
06-12-2012, 03:29 PM
What Did You Learn Today?
(06-12-2012 03:23 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(06-12-2012 03:04 PM)Noelani Wrote:  ETA: I learned today that my dog has been hiding most of his poop in a pile under some bushes. My dog is an English Lab so were not talking little dog turds. Yay....
Ooo, I see a training opportunity!

Dom, you wanna take this one, or shall I? Big Grin

Training? I'd love it if my dog did that!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel