What Did You Learn Today?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.33 Average
07-12-2012, 03:20 AM
RE: What Did You Learn Today?
Pfft, ANZUS..

NZ and US hardly have much of a military alliance. We refused to go to Iraq, we still refuse them to park their boats in our docks and they're still pissy at us because of it.

That ANZUS shit might as well be just AUS.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2012, 03:27 AM
Technically the US and NZ are still involved together in the treaty through interconnection with Aus, and you guys were just being girls about the US having nuclear armed warships. But I never said the US would have anything to do with it, I simply invoked it between Aus and Sheepland (NZ).

*Afterthought; The US reopened docks to NZ Naval forces in 2012.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
07-12-2012, 03:29 AM
F-16 is too expensive, more expensive than MIG-29, so F-18 would be even more expensive, much more. It is highly questionable how much better F-18 is when compared with MIG-29, plus our pilots have been flying MIGs last 20-30 years. Since a plane is only as good as the pilot is, then F-18 would be a complete waste of time, money and equipment. The only thing logical for us are MIGs, plus MIG-29 is a superb plane and we wold get huge offset program, even the opportunity to make our own parts in our own factories... Not something the USA will ever allow us for their planes. To tell you the truth, I think that MIG-29 is a better plane than F-18.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonnell_D...-18_Hornet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan_MiG-29

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
07-12-2012, 03:31 AM
It all comes down to what your guys have been piloting for the past decade really, Filox.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
07-12-2012, 03:56 AM
(07-12-2012 03:31 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  It all comes down to what your guys have been piloting for the past decade really, Filox.

Well, yeah, that's what I said. That is what our pilots say, that is what our military says. But it is not what our politicians say...

Huh

-Hunter S. Thompson
07-12-2012, 04:04 AM
Do you actually expect politicians to listen to the military in matters where the military should be considered authority in? Or listen to the people? Or the pilots themselves?

Not gonna happen is my guess.

07-12-2012, 06:47 AM
NO, unfortunately, I realize that they will not listen to anyone but the lobbyists that will give them more money to choose them, over someone else. I only hope they all die by some horrible death after that. They and their families, those retarded genes must be purified.

Evil_monster

-Hunter S. Thompson
07-12-2012, 07:54 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2012 07:58 AM by earmuffs.)
(07-12-2012 03:27 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Technically the US and NZ are still involved together in the treaty through interconnection with Aus, and you guys were just being girls about the US having nuclear armed warships. But I never said the US would have anything to do with it, I simply invoked it between Aus and Sheepland (NZ).

*Afterthought; The US reopened docks to NZ Naval forces in 2012.
nuclear armed? You mean nuclear powered.

We're a nuclear free country. We have full right to tell them to fuck off.
And yes I remember that, we were going to Pearl Harbor with some training thing or something and the law just hadn't been overturned since like the 80's or something (which shows how long it's been since we wanted to go visit the yanks).
The American second-in-command (after the President) of the armed forces also came to visit on a diplomatic mission to strengthen ties in the South Pacific.

Coincidence that this comes at the same time as China is expanding it's influence in the South Pacific? I think not!

America is just pissy because we're looking at our interests before their interests (Australia is still brown nosing the Yanks though so at least they got you under their little finger. We got a bit more backbone though.).
You'd think Australia would learn from previous mistakes. ie: Relying on Britain. Yeah how did that turn out?
07-12-2012, 09:02 AM
Today I learned that I can fit my way all the way down the passageway of my car, and I appear to be a contortionist because I did it 3-4 times to get a retaining pin out since I had taken apart my shifter. But it's all fine now. But my hand does hurt a bit.
08-12-2012, 02:47 AM
What Did You Learn Today?
I just learned that there is a He-Man, She-Ra Christmas episode streaming on Netflix. Time to get dressed, drive to Jack in the Box for a breakfast burrito and a milkshake and relive the 80's. I wonder if there's a Miami Vice Christmas episode???

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post