What Did You Learn Today?

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
09-12-2012, 10:56 PM
RE: What Did You Learn Today?
(09-12-2012 10:25 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I learned today it takes freaking hours to smoke turkey legs!

And they are very hard to light, too.

Stick to cigars.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
09-12-2012, 11:35 PM
I just learnt that it is physically possible for somebody to say something SO very stupid, it causes physical pain.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
10-12-2012, 02:46 AM
(09-12-2012 10:34 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 10:20 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  You did not know that?

Seriously?
Son, I have a very much above normal IQ. I am well educated in many respected fields including the likes of History, Astronomy and the latest gossip of the Royal Family (true story).

I do not need to clutter my brain with such drivel as the origins of pop cultural memes and other assorted things the young people are into these days.
So when I accidentally learn such things that are apparently common knowledge it should not come as such a surprise that it has eluded my brain for so long when I direct my efforts to stare away from such things on purpose.

Today I learned that earmuffs is a stuck-up bitch, who sees himself floating atop of us, puny humans...

[Image: 569118849_494947.gif] Laughat

Tongue

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 3 users Like Filox's post
10-12-2012, 02:46 AM
(09-12-2012 10:01 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Today I learned that at one point in time the Pope's librarian once said that Saturn's rings can be explained by that when Jesus was resurrected that is where he put his foreskin. And hence, Saturn's rings are in fact Jesus's foreskin.

Who knew, and here I was thinking they were largely clumps of ice and rock.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
10-12-2012, 03:40 AM
(10-12-2012 02:46 AM)Filox Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 10:34 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Son, I have a very much above normal IQ. I am well educated in many respected fields including the likes of History, Astronomy and the latest gossip of the Royal Family (true story).

I do not need to clutter my brain with such drivel as the origins of pop cultural memes and other assorted things the young people are into these days.
So when I accidentally learn such things that are apparently common knowledge it should not come as such a surprise that it has eluded my brain for so long when I direct my efforts to stare away from such things on purpose.

Today I learned that earmuffs is a stuck-up bitch, who sees himself floating atop of us, puny humans...

[Image: 569118849_494947.gif] Laughat

Tongue

Today I learned that the Croats are rather slow in the head if indeed Filox is just coming to this realization just now.
Drinking Beverage

@Vera, Indeed. Been watching several episodes of QI. It's hosted by Stephen Fry so you know it's gonna be funny.
I haven't laughed so hard so many times in fucking ages. That show cracks me up so much.

[Image: oscar.png]
10-12-2012, 03:47 AM
(10-12-2012 03:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Today I learned that the Croats are rather slow in the head if indeed Filox is just coming to this realization just now.
Drinking Beverage

@Vera, Indeed. Been watching several episodes of QI. It's hosted by Stephen Fry so you know it's gonna be funny.
I haven't laughed so hard so many times in fucking ages. That show cracks me up so much.
I love this show. Have all epis of all series (the XL versions of the later series). Have the newest episode with Prof. Brian Cox all ready to be watched with a nice drink, when shit settles down a bit here (I want to be able to enjoy it fully). Never fails to cheer me up - the moment I hear the intro theme, I start smiling.

10-12-2012, 06:08 AM
Yeah the ones with Prof Brian Cox were some of the ones I watched.
I've seen several of that guys documentaries, he's brilliant, easy to listen to, seems like the sorta guy I'd hang out with.

10-12-2012, 06:12 AM
(10-12-2012 06:08 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yeah the ones with Prof Brian Cox were some of the ones I watched.
I've seen several of that guys documentaries, he's brilliant, easy to listen to, seems like the sorta guy I'd hang out with.
Absolutely! He seems lovely. And I love the way he talks, very calm, but also passionate about his stuff.

You should definitely check out this episode. Ben Miller is very much like him (he also was a scientist, who knew). And he's so passionate about science, without being annoying or smug (can't say I much cared for Sean Lock - I normally don't, man drives me mad - and how he would interrupt with his stupid attempts to hog the spotlight). A brilliant episode.

10-12-2012, 06:18 AM
Quote:Absolutely! He seems lovely. And I love the way he talks, very calm, but also passionate about his stuff.

Yeah exactly.

And I shall, I'll watch it tomorrow (well.. this evening) when I have some watching videos food (crisps).

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
18-12-2012, 01:17 PM
That no matter what someone says - no matter how many laws are passed; we will never get rid of mass shootings. It's to late. With 3,000,000 + registered weapons in America and who knows how many aren't registered.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty. - Gandhi