What Did You Learn Today?

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
09-02-2013, 06:40 AM
RE: What Did You Learn Today?
(09-02-2013 06:05 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(08-02-2013 11:37 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Did I mimic the shitty writing style well?
Not by a long shot. Not nearly shitty enough. Drinking Beverage

I must try harder.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2013, 07:53 AM
(Technically, I learnt it yesterday, but my yesterday is bound to be someone else's today... Or something along these lines...)
What soft claws are. [Image: mosking.gif]

[Image: declaw-soft-paws-claws-900x900.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
12-02-2013, 08:02 AM
(12-02-2013 07:53 AM)Vera Wrote:  (Technically, I learnt it yesterday, but my yesterday is bound to be someone else's today... Or something along these lines...)
What soft claws are. [Image: mosking.gif]

[...]

That's cute, but it looks like a blood bath waiting to happen. Your average cat is not going to sit their peacefully and allow you to glue these things to their claws. I would have to sedate my cat if I ever tried anything like that.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-02-2013, 08:06 AM
(12-02-2013 08:02 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  That's cute, but it looks like a blood bath waiting to happen. Your average cat is not going to sit their peacefully and allow you to glue these things to their claws. I would have to sedate my cat if I ever tried anything like that.
Even funnier thing is, the first time I saw it, I thought it was nail polish. It was on the Daily Kitten site and people there are crazy enough to actually do it. But yeah, can't see it being too easy to put them on.

[Image: 4th-july-soft-paws.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
12-02-2013, 08:50 AM
I learned that different fish have very different levels of intelligence.
At the low end, they just eat and sleep.
A bit higher up, they interact with each other and explore for exploration's sake.
The smarter ones learn how to utilize every type of territory in their tank, watch what is going on outside the tank, become responsive to their care taker and can be tamed to touch and learn tricks.
Surprised me, I always thought a fish is a fish is a fish.... not so. Some are quite cognizant.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
12-02-2013, 09:43 AM
(12-02-2013 08:50 AM)Dom Wrote:  I learned that different fish have very different levels of intelligence.
At the low end, they just eat and sleep.
A bit higher up, they interact with each other and explore for exploration's sake.
The smarter ones learn how to utilize every type of territory in their tank, watch what is going on outside the tank, become responsive to their care taker and can be tamed to touch and learn tricks.
Surprised me, I always thought a fish is a fish is a fish.... not so. Some are quite cognizant.
My mom is a pond-buff. She's got one big pond that she's filled with Koi fish; they swarm to where you are every time you walk near the edge of the water because they know you'll be bringing food.

I knew they remembered things like that, but I never actually gave any thought to what such memory said about their intelligence.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-02-2013, 05:11 AM
I just got the info on my whereabouts on 31. July 2013...

[Image: ironmaiden_13022013_press625.jpg]

Hell yeah!

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
17-02-2013, 11:18 PM
Today I learned that as atoms get bigger, they get smaller....

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how that works exactly.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
17-02-2013, 11:23 PM
I learned that rationality is something that needs to be learned and practiced daily.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
17-02-2013, 11:29 PM
I just learned I have a new neighbor somewhere close ... who's wifi is waaaay better than mine. Wink

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post