What Did You Learn Today?

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
22-11-2012, 06:51 AM
RE: What Did You Learn Today?
Ive just learnt via Facebook that somebody I used to know is now dead. I have mixed feelings about it caus the guy was one of the most evilest, heartless motherfuckers I have had the displeasure to know.

Part of me is sorry for his mum, caus its her son.... I also dont like to feel happy over somebodys death.

RIP coop.... you fucking cunt.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
22-11-2012, 07:00 AM
(22-11-2012 06:51 AM)bemore Wrote:  Ive just learnt via Facebook that somebody I used to know is now dead. I have mixed feelings about it caus the guy was one of the most evilest, heartless motherfuckers I have had the displeasure to know.

Part of me is sorry for his mum, caus its her son.... I also dont like to feel happy over somebodys death.

Who says you have to automatically feel bad if someone dies? This world is better off without some people, and there is nothing wrong with being aware of that and staying rational.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
22-11-2012, 07:04 AM
(22-11-2012 07:00 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(22-11-2012 06:51 AM)bemore Wrote:  Ive just learnt via Facebook that somebody I used to know is now dead. I have mixed feelings about it caus the guy was one of the most evilest, heartless motherfuckers I have had the displeasure to know.

Who says you have to automatically feel bad if someone dies? This world is better off without some people, and there is nothing wrong with being aware of that and staying rational.
After reading the forgiveness thread a few days ago it made me ponder about all the things I have locked up, all the hate that does nothing for me.... id like to let the hate go as it serves me no purpose.... easier said than done though.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
22-11-2012, 07:08 AM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2012 07:13 AM by Free Thought.)
If the guy was a evil or detestable fuck, don't give the used to be sack of rat urine a second thought.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
22-11-2012, 07:31 AM
What Did You Learn Today?
(22-11-2012 01:01 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(21-11-2012 10:49 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Anything to prevent social interaction by just plain asking, huh Muffs?
Pretty much.

I got a bit confused because at first i could only find 3 toothbrushes (including my own), so I was thinking that that was rather disgusting and then gave my toothbrush a funny look, but I remembered I saw a couple in the shower so..

Quote:And then promptly sent to Uranus I hope.

Huh?

You mean you didn't stick your flatmates' toothbrushes up your ass then put them back? You should reconsider. Consider

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
22-11-2012, 09:17 AM
(22-11-2012 07:04 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(22-11-2012 07:00 AM)Dom Wrote:  Who says you have to automatically feel bad if someone dies? This world is better off without some people, and there is nothing wrong with being aware of that and staying rational.

After reading the forgiveness thread a few days ago it made me ponder about all the things I have locked up, all the hate that does nothing for me.... id like to let the hate go as it serves me no purpose.... easier said than done though.

Well, unless you believe in ghosts, hating the dead is not rational. It's not like they are continuing to practice the offenses. So at the latest, death is the time to let go of hate. But that doesn't necessarily mean forgiveness. Hating someone and not forgiving someone are not the same.

I do not now nor did I ever hate my brother for what he did, who knows why he turned out the way he did. That doesn't mean I forgave him. To me, forgiving means to wipe out the bad thing that happened and start fresh. I can neither wipe that off my brain, nor is there a fresh start to be had.

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
22-11-2012, 10:27 AM
(22-11-2012 04:06 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(22-11-2012 02:42 AM)cufflink Wrote:  which looks like ordinary concrete pavement, is actually springy when you walk on it, so kids will be less likely to get hurt if they fall. Very cool

Laughat Laughat Laughat Laughat So now all these kids will think concrete pavements are for bouncing on Big Grin *I LOVE IT*....

Hmm. I hadn't thought of that . . . Consider

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
22-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Today I learned who the Greek Dionysus was. Essentially, he was the God of hard-partying.

I'm quite proud to say that much of my historical/mythological insight has been from extreme death metal bands. Behemoth, Nile, Anaal Nathrakh, Dark Fortress; they've all taught me at least one thing about certain ancient mythologies and practices. I'm very happy to see that even the darkest of bands are showing themselves to be well-versed in all manners of academia, rather than the mindless, death-obssessed societal rejects that most people would make them out to be.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
22-11-2012, 05:23 PM
I learnt that "puke" means "vomă" in Romanian.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-11-2012, 05:39 PM
I learned that Siamese algae eaters don't eat every type of algae. They are purported to do so. So either mine are spoiled rotten and won't eat what's there, or their reputation is unfounded in fact.

It's been really interesting working with my aquarium. Getting info about it is like pulling teeth, despite books and message boards and info sites etc. Sure, there is a lot of good info out there, so much more than when I last looked at keeping fish and aquatic plants. But, a lot of what's out there is personal opinion or personal experience, and it's communicated as fact. You have to reference and cross-reference and pick out what seems to be the truth and try it.

The basics are all there, but there are hundreds and hundreds of species and there is no good info about a lot of them. Especially behavior in an aquarium setting is not widely discussed, and what the behaviors indicate.

Anyway, I learned about the Siamese today. And if they don't eat that particular type of algae, I better get going and clean it out of there. Tongue