What Did You Learn Today?

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
16-03-2013, 06:32 AM
RE: What Did You Learn Today?
That on touching the surface of water snowflakes make a distinct sound, inaudible to the human ear. I really want to hear it now. For someone who has such an inordinate love of snow, it's kinda weird I didn't know this. It also led me to read up on it a bit and now I finally know why snow makes everything so quiet: "Fresh snow absorbs sound, lowering ambient noise over a landscape because the trapped air between snowflakes attenuates vibration."

[Image: tumblr_md36doz8ah1r2zu7yo1_500.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
17-03-2013, 04:48 PM
That one of the two major composers of frottole, known to this day, Bartolomeo Tromboncino, was quite the character. And that's mildly put. He killed not only his wife (after he caught her with another man), but also committed other crimes and murders. And was also employed by Lucrezia Borgia.

I guess beauty (and not just the physical kind) does cover a multitude of sins Tongue

(I'm also totally aware that I'm the only one who will find this interesting Tongue )

19-03-2013, 05:45 PM
I learned that my new favorite color is Forest Green Wink

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
20-03-2013, 02:41 AM
(19-03-2013 05:45 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I learned that my new favorite color is Forest Green Wink
*Gigglesnort* Tongue

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
21-03-2013, 06:45 AM
What inflation is.

"In physical cosmology, cosmic inflation, cosmological inflation or just inflation is the theorized extremely rapid exponential expansion of the early universe by a factor of at least 10-78 in volume, driven by a negative-pressure vacuum energy density The inflationary epoch comprises the first part of the electroweak epoch following the grand unification epoch. It lasted from 10−36 seconds after the Big Bang to sometime between 10-33 and 10-32 seconds." (Sorry, superscripts don't work here.)

I also learnt that our, Northern hemispherers', perspective is correct: "There appears also to be an asymmetry in the average temperatures across the sky; the southern hemisphere is slightly warmer than the north." South does mean warm Tongue

21-03-2013, 07:16 AM
(21-03-2013 06:45 AM)Vera Wrote:  I also learnt that our, Northern hemispherers', perspective is correct: "There appears also to be an asymmetry in the average temperatures across the sky; the southern hemisphere is slightly warmer than the north." South does mean warm Tongue

I've known that for a long time.

After all; I live down south, and it does tend to be quite warm.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
21-03-2013, 04:28 PM
I learned that I should go into the private detective business.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
21-03-2013, 06:58 PM
(21-03-2013 04:28 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I learned that I should go into the private detective business.
Lmao. It doesn't count when the ones you're investigating say "Hey...you missed something." Tongue

21-03-2013, 09:40 PM
(21-03-2013 06:58 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(21-03-2013 04:28 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I learned that I should go into the private detective business.
Lmao. It doesn't count when the ones you're investigating say "Hey...you missed something." Tongue
But I DIDN'T miss anything. I was correct all along. Somebody just likes to throw me off my game Cool

21-03-2013, 09:54 PM
(21-03-2013 09:40 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(21-03-2013 06:58 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Lmao. It doesn't count when the ones you're investigating say "Hey...you missed something." Tongue
But I DIDN'T miss anything. I was correct all along. Somebody just likes to throw me off my game Cool
Yes, but a private detective can't allow that to happen.

Like I said; I'll learn ya up. Thumbsup I'll be like a personal trainer for your inner Holmes.