What Did You Learn Today?

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
21-03-2013, 10:45 PM
RE: What Did You Learn Today?
(21-03-2013 09:54 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(21-03-2013 09:40 PM)Peanut Wrote:  But I DIDN'T miss anything. I was correct all along. Somebody just likes to throw me off my game Cool
Yes, but a private detective can't allow that to happen.

Like I said; I'll learn ya up. Thumbsup I'll be like a personal trainer for your inner Holmes.
pshhhh... We both know what's up Drinking Beverage

I'm amazing, so...

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
23-03-2013, 01:16 PM
That there is such a thing as Ambrosian chants, which, albeit similar to the Gregorian ones (which I love), are still somewhat different

"Ambrosian chant (also known as Milanese chant) is the liturgical plainchant repertory of the Ambrosian rite of the Roman Catholic Church, related to but distinct from Gregorian chant. It is primarily associated with the Archdiocese of Milan, and named after St. Ambrose much as Gregorian chant is named after Gregory the Great. It is the only surviving plainchant tradition besides the Gregorian to maintain the official sanction of the Roman Catholic Church. Stylistically, the Ambrosian chant repertoire is not generally as musically uniform as the Gregorian. Ambrosian chants are more varied in length, ambitus, and structure."

The tiny single-voice bit at 1:15 is among the most beautiful things I've ever heard. There is another one I love even more, but I couldn't find a good interpretation on youtube.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-03-2013, 03:28 PM
Today I learned that there are two conjoined muscles which make up the upper and lower lips, respectively. Meaning, the right and left sides of your lips and different muscles. I suppose I should have guessed that, because I already knew that the face forms from the sides; inward, while in the womb. (That is why you have an indentation on your upper-lip; beneath the septum) But I had no idea that the muscles themselves would be seperate.

So basically, if you split your lip in half (as some people do their tongues), you could move both halves individually. Blink

Got my repiercing done today, by the way. Big Grin I'm perfectly symetrical.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
23-03-2013, 04:25 PM
Learned two things:

1) How to make kiwi jam

2) Kiwi jam is really fucking good.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
23-03-2013, 04:35 PM
Damn, I wish there was someone around here that cooked all the yummy sounding stuff that you do Stark!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
23-03-2013, 04:44 PM
(23-03-2013 04:35 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Damn, I wish there was someone around here that cooked all the yummy sounding stuff that you do Stark!
It's easy, actually. The secret is that his stuff isn't especially "yummy" at all. He just adds lots of mind-altering substances to it. Thumbsup

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
23-03-2013, 04:54 PM
(23-03-2013 03:28 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  So basically, if you split your lip in half (as some people do their tongues), you could move both halves individually. Blink
That would be strange and fascinating to see. Why has no one done this?!
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
23-03-2013, 05:38 PM
Ii gotta tell ya Anj, one of these days I'll win the lottery and fly all you guys here for a barbecue.

In the mean time, PM me your address and I'll send you a jar of kiwi jam!

[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
23-03-2013, 05:43 PM
(23-03-2013 05:38 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Ii gotta tell ya Anj, one of these days I'll win the lottery and fly all you guys here for a barbecue.
How 'bout those who have the money to buy their own plane ticket? Tongue

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
23-03-2013, 05:45 PM
(23-03-2013 05:43 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(23-03-2013 05:38 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Ii gotta tell ya Anj, one of these days I'll win the lottery and fly all you guys here for a barbecue.
How 'bout those who have the money to buy their own plane ticket? Tongue
Well shit. You know damn well you're welcome here any time. Just give me a days notice to freshen the sheets in the spare room.

[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post